TheTbagmonster

Hello fellow Star Wars fans!

I wasn't going to post my progress until I was nearly done with this suit as I figured it'd be nice to post all the progress pictures at once, but then I said screw it, and here I am. I started this project in 2016 using Firefek's clone files, but only in the past year have I really begun to have at it in regards to working on the project due to personal circumstances. I have nearly all parts pepped out now except one of the forearms, knee pads, elbow pads, and ab pieces. One thing that I didn't pep though was the mouthpiece on the helmet as since this is my first time creating armor, let alone a detailed helmet, I just couldn't get the frown right and decided to inside 3D print it out of PLA.

Feel free to leave any tips, tricks, or anything of the sort as I could definitely use any help or suggestions while creating this. Thanks for looking!

First pep helmet.jpg

Fully-pepped helmet

Resin on Helmet.jpg
side helmet.jpg
front helmet.jpg

I believe I had only had resin on the helmet at this stage (2017).

layout.jpg

In Mid-2018, I had more time and passion for the project and went all-out with pepping more parts.

Clone Pic of Table.jpg

As I started to fiberglass/bondo some pieces earlier this year, I used spare wood to position said piece how I needed it to harden.

Chest Bondo.jpg

Just a shot of some bondo on the chest piece.

Painted Clone Helmet.jpg

First time painting the helmet; I cannot tell you how many hours I spent trying to get this thing to be as smooth as possible. I then took a moment to reflect that this is my first huge project, and that I honestly don't care whether it's perfect or not because it's good enough for me.

Clone Armor Stand.jpg

I ended up making a temporary stand for the armor just to get a picture of the progress so far. As of right now, I have to redo the right gauntlet, the elbows, and knees as well as make an ab section.

Thanks for coming by!

Attachments

• Painted Clone Helmet.jpg
    Painted Clone Helmet.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 536
Wow looks pretty damn dope! Any updates?

Thank you so much! And yes! I'll post some pictures tomorrow of the 99% complete helmet - thanks for asking; I just don't have a visor in it yet or the audio/speaker system in place. I haven't been able to work on it much since I've been away at school, but now that my state has a self-quarantine with the virus going around, I'm finding a lot more free time to keep working on this project.

Here are a few photos of the helmet as it sits, themed after a Coruscant Guard. I was going for a battle-damaged look, so I took inspiration off of a video from a YouTuber by the name of "rbcustoms81". If there are any tips or questions anyone has for me, please let me know! I'm definitely open to better ways on how to craft this stuff, and I'd definitely be willing to help anyone else getting into this type of thing.

Cheers!

Phase II Helmet (Coruscant Guard) Photo #4.jpg
Phase II Helmet (Coruscant Guard) Photo #1.jpg

Phase II Helmet (Coruscant Guard) Photo #3.jpg
Phase II Helmet (Coruscant Guard) Photo #2.jpg

Noice helmet! I've stuck with my build since I tried to figure out which templates I should use. Also I had some problems with the helmet,made 2 different ones,the second could be the finished product,but realised that I can't fit my head through the hole on the bottom... :D It's really good to see that you've made progress on this one,keep it up!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back