Peter Vincent's Box from Fright Night

SchubroProductions

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anybody have good high rez pics of the Box Peter Vincent carried around in Fright Night. The one with all the stakes and crosses. Interior is what I am looking for.

errrm,
let me make a call and see if someone I know has anything or can dig something up.

FYI,
The original cast and Tom Holland will be at the midnight screening of Fright Night this Friday at the Nuart theater:

NUART THEATRE
11272 SANTA MONICA BLVD.
LOS ANGELES, CA 90025

The entire cast is going to be at Fright Night Film Fest this year in Louisville. I am going to make a similar box to be signed by the cast. Did I mention I'm the Media Coordinator for the festival, which means I also get to interview them as well. Can't wait.

Cool. Will there be photo opportunities? Would be neat to see some pics of the cast posted here.

Yes, the cast is going to be Chris Sarandon, Amanda Bearse, Stephen Geoffrey, and William Ragsale. There are photo ops galore since that is why they are there. We also have Heather Langenkamp from Nightmare on Elm Street.

I am making the Fright Night Vampire Kit especially for the cast to sign. I will also have several there for sale as well.

Sarandon would be very cool to meet in person. I'd love to see how Amanda Bearse is looking today, but that is pure Id speaking! :love

Last edited:
Did you happen to get any info on Peter Vincent's vampire killing kit? (Photos, dimensions, etc.) I've got an idea for a half scale Peter Vincent sculpt and I'd like to have him toting his box over his shoulder.

Hey SchubroProductions. I hope you were successful in re-creating the Peter Vincent vampire killing box from Fright Night 1. If you were, would you be so kind as to post pictures of it here, and perhaps some dimensions you use or think are correct? Would love to see your work. As for the original, the only article I found on it was this:
From the L.A Fright Night Reunion 2008.

Tom Holland on Roddy McDowall: “Roddy was a walking aural history of Hollywood. I had the extraordinary experience the last day MGM [studios] was in existence, Roddy walked me through the backlot – the now Sony studios – and took me through the underground passageways of where they still store the nitrate film and utility pipes. [He] described to me what movies happened on what sets, what affairs happened in what dressing rooms. He told me stories about the silent stars, he went to see the silent stars, he was visiting Mary Astor to the end. He had a love of the business and carried the decades inside of him. He was a child star at eight-years-old and he survived it somehow. My one regret is he would not write his autobiography, he wouldn’t because he knew where the bodies were buried. That he just couldn’t betray the confidences. He was a wonderful, sweet man who cared about other people in the business and gave a great deal of time. He also was a collector. The vampire hunting kit [in the movie], he saved that and that’s at Boston University. In a lot of ways, Roddy was the ultimate fan.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got to make the screen accurate Box I really wanted to make. I had to cobble together a quick one to get signed. I would love to see the one at Boston University. Here are some pics from the one I got signed back in 2010.
IMG_9186.jpg
IMG_9188.jpg
IMG_9189.jpg
IMG_9190.jpg

Grabbed some screenshots from the Fright Night movie and based on Roddy's height of 5'10". His box should be 18inches wide, 14 inches high, and 14 inches deep.

Attachments

• FN_Box_Dimensions.png
    FN_Box_Dimensions.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 474
So I am going back to this project again. So far I’ve acquired my leather covering, brass closures, brass corner protectors, sheep skin shoulder pad, several of the Coptic hand crosses I could identify and am waiting in several more crucifixes and hinges. This project is well on its way.
IMG_6842.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back