Perma wet - Water ratio?

seviz

I searched and found TMI's thread about permawet. He said, "best when thinned with warm water". Does anyone know what is considered the best ratio mix of permawet and warm water? I did my mask recently and I do not feel its shiny enough. Want to do it again with a water mix.

Thanks!

For the best wet os shiney look add no water at all. Adding a little water gives it more of a matte look. I would go right over what you did with no water. It'll look a lot better. Good Luck!

For the best wet os shiney look add no water at all. Adding a little water gives it more of a matte look. I would go right over what you did with no water. It'll look a lot better. Good Luck!

Hmm, thats what I did currently. Is is possible my airbrush is not 100% clean or something? How many coats do you all do? 1 or more?

Usually one heavy coat will do the job, it might look a bit milky for a few minutes but it should dry clear. The matte coats that you laid on first may be causing some problems but I can't say for sure.

Thats probably it. I did not do it thick enough. I just did some thin coats. Ill do a thick coat tonight. Whenever I saw it get milky I stopped thinking that was bad. But knowing it will dry clear is helpful. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back