Pepakura Backpack From Movieman's Pep File

Giles

As a little break from clay work till I get some more cash, I decided to have a first attempt at a Pepakura (i believe) P1 backpack from Movieman's Pep files. This was about 15 hours work over about 2 weeks sat watching tv. There aren't any during photos as my fingers were mostly stuck to paper or each other. There's a few kinks and warps in the paper, mostly due to poor folding and scoring, but I hope to fix some of these during strengthening and filling. Thanks for looking.

2011-09-23 08.02.50 Pep 1.jpg

2011-09-23 08.03.07 Pep 2.jpg

2011-09-23 08.03.17 Pep 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great fella, never tried the pep files either but will look into starting some now. What size paper did you print then piece of on - A3?

Looking great fella, never tried the pep files either but will look into starting some now. What size paper did you print then piece of on - A3?

I've used A4 paper, I think about 130gms, though I can check that in work on Monday. In total I think 15 pages. Though as this is my first go, I didn't attempt to change any of the page layouts. It's time consuming and a bit fiddly so you need a lot of patience and i think much of the work is really going to be on the finish.

i use i think A3 its letter size paper but it is called cardstock and a glue stick to glue it together but also reinforce it with tape

In September 2011 I finished this pepakura piece. This weekend, 7.5 years later I finally got it filled with expanding foam. Next step is to fibreglass tissue and resin the outside, add greeblies and paint it up after some tweaking to fit my general back profile. It's pretty sturdy and very lightweight so turned out ok. Only downside is all this time in a centrally heated house has caused some warping. I'm letting that go and not worrying about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190303_145243.jpg
    IMG_20190303_145243.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20190303_145431.jpg
    IMG_20190303_145431.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 177
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back