Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I managed to get a hold of a super rocket ray. Its going to need some work but the chrome on it looks clean.

6ysa8eve.jpg

Also my rear wheel doesn't free spin when I want to rest my legs. I read that its due to having a fixed gear so I took it apart and cleaned it and confirmed it is a fixed gear. I'm pretty sure I can't do anything about it and may have to buy different hardware... unless you guys know of anything I can do :confused:

Fixed gear on a cruiser? That sounds like a nightmare to ride. Nice find on the headlight. i'm using one of those chinese Hi-Stop wheelsets.

How did you end up with a 26"x2.125" fixed gear rim?, that would be a nightmare, your need a coaster brake rear wheel setup.
That light is great starting point.

@cracker 302 and bestbike for the project box, what did u type in for search at frys.com/webstore? @BestBike also, where did u get the buttons and what size? 12mm 14mm 16mm?
Thanks

SHROOM: Pictures are finally attached of the buttons I'm using in scale to my box. PM me if you want me to send you a button set. Also including a photo of the name plate template. Picked up the finished version today and am happy with it how it turned out. Been working on templates for the custom cut pieces as well. Did you make any progress on your lion head siren this weekend? -- BB

ANDY: Congrats on the super rocket ray. Nice find.

View attachment 190585View attachment 190586View attachment 190587

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pile of parts. Some of those look better than mine.

Outta curiosity, how'd you go about making your spinners?

Hey ANDY and RUDD: Yes, a nice pile of parts is about all I got. I'm doing this bike thing backwards … gathering all the parts first, then the fabrications and then plan to do all the painting and assembling last. (We'll see … )

RUDD: Your bike is looking great and that chain guard turned out nice.

ANDY: I'm going to be redoing my spinners. These are red plexiglass with white decals. They do look sharp but I'm eventually going to remake them in metal.

Great Find!
I managed to get a hold of a super rocket ray. Its going to need some work but the chrome on it looks clean.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/26/6ysa8eve.jpg

Also my rear wheel doesn't free spin when I want to rest my legs. I read that its due to having a fixed gear so I took it apart and cleaned it and confirmed it is a fixed gear. I'm pretty sure I can't do anything about it and may have to buy different hardware... unless you guys know of anything I can do :confused:

Hey buddy, The route that you're taking is great; keep up the amazing work. Spinners look awesome. I ended up taking a last minute family vacation which obviously delayed the project. On Sunday I should be back on track. Congrats on your progess!
SHROOM: Pictures are finally attached of the buttons I'm using in scale to my box. PM me if you want me to send you a button set. Also including a photo of the name plate template. Picked up the finished version today and am happy with it how it turned out. Been working on templates for the custom cut pieces as well. Did you make any progress on your lion head siren this weekend? -- BB

ANDY: Congrats on the super rocket ray. Nice find.

View attachment 190585View attachment 190586View attachment 190587

ABE: Here's a shot showing the entire bike image that you asked about. Again, not 100% accurate. I simplified some things and got a couple things wrong. The other shot shows the alternant versions of it up top -- Reward Poster and PW riding it. 118 c slides and 116 bw stills later -- and not one shot of Dottie's bike. Sorry. -- BB

SHROOM: Buttons went out Friday. Hope they work for you.

RUDD: Would you be willing to give me some measurements on the arrow and stripes on your chain guard? I made my template off of a film photo but need to size it to scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back