Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Very Cool PWF!, I like how the head mounts with the outline instead of the circle, it's amazing that 3d printing can yield that much minute detail.

The backplate and the bubble look great.

P.S., but you forgot to take the tongue out before you scanned it!?

Very Cool PWF!, I like how the head mounts with the outline instead of the circle, it's amazing that 3d printing can yield that much minute detail.

The backplate and the bubble look great.

P.S., but you forgot to take the tongue out before you scanned it!?

I never noticed the tongue was removed until the other day! I am planning to go back into the model and remove it.

Below are links to the 3D files for the siren housing. Files have units of inches.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avib6tkmrh...using.stl?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcvaumfyte...plate.stl?dl=0

Below is the link to the 3D file for the tiger (without tongue). File has units of millimeters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edmg9apmiv651v9/tiger_without_tongue.stl?dl=0

I have not tried printing these in PLA or ABS. Let me know how they turn out if anyone decides to do so.

UPDATE: The 3D siren files are no longer available. I have discontinued use of Drop Box due to repeated hacking attempts on my account.

Last edited:
Re: the rear rings for the red lights, do you happen to know what they're exactly called and the size? Thanks!

Hi HH, welcome to the thread, the rings are just aluminum rings from a site called sling rings, they have small, medium, and large sizes available, size will depend on where you get your saddlebags or if you make them yourself as I did, and how big the rear "tail light housing" is, mine are modeled after the Bicycle Museum of America bike in Ohio, and they have a smaller housing and are a bit more streamlined than others I've seen, the tail light lenses are aprox. 2.0",so I bought the medium size silver rings with a 2.5" inside diameter and a 3.0" outside diameter.

DSC00667.JPG

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I've been visiting every once in a while in absolute awe of the work you're all doing.
I am thinking about starting the process to build one myself. I think it would absolutely blow my brother away, especially on his down days. He lives for nostalgia. And there's no doubt this would come out of left field.
I am going to do more and more homework and try to get my hands on the correct bicycle before I even begin to attempt this.
Any advice for a true beginner?

Search for the existing build thread already on this forum and read it all from the beginning. There are no shortcuts unfortunately.

Hello everyone,

I've been visiting every once in a while in absolute awe of the work you're all doing.
I am thinking about starting the process to build one myself. I think it would absolutely blow my brother away, especially on his down days. He lives for nostalgia. And there's no doubt this would come out of left field.
I am going to do more and more homework and try to get my hands on the correct bicycle before I even begin to attempt this.
Any advice for a true beginner?

Definitely read through the entire forum before buying anything. Like many of these build forums, you will find that some of the initial information provided is later found to be incorrect. The correct information is in the forum, but you have to be patient in reading all the posts. You also need to decide the level of accuracy you want for your bike. Some want near-100% accuracy to the movie bike(s), others want an idealized replica (all shiny and refined), while others only want a Pee-Wee-esque bike. The bike will end up costing more than most would think. Vintage bike parts are not particularly cheap, especially if you're wanting an idealized replica. Definitely get the correct frame, and they are not difficult to find. It makes life a lot easier, especially if you decide to purchase any of the specialty parts off other forum members. Lastly, don't get overwhelmed. It doesn't have to be done in a month... some (probably most) take two or more years.

Dont cheap out on parts that you think are "good enough" or "close enough". You'll just end up buying the right part later on.

Get the frame, and start accumulating parts. Some parts are harder to come by than others. The hardest would have to be saddlebags, the tiger siren, the skirtguard, and the chainguard, as they are custom. You can take your time acquiring parts, and save some money, or build the bike quickly and spend a ton.

Thanks guys. I'll focus on the bike first and then see where it leads. If I can have it done by October 2017 or maybe Christmas 2017.. that would be great.
I have more time on my hands now with this new job. I am sure I will have lots of questions a long the way. I really appreciate the advice.
Take care.

I think it came out great, i had a little mess up on the printer but i fixed it. waiting on the back plate to finish. i painted it with acrylic and gave it a nice shiny paint coat
lion.jpg

Hello this thread is so informative when it comes to doing a X1. I was on a few months back, where can I find some spin wheel stickers or possible someone who flow Jets the discs with the sticker? Or any other ideas. Thanks to all you guys on here. Billy

I've wanted to join this build for a while (about a year actually), but I had terrible luck trying to find a bike until last weekend! It'll probably be a little slow going as some of the parts have become rather expensive, but it'll get there eventually.
aa281fc08a08eb2a43f91b9ee2eb91e8.jpg

Glad to see things are still progressing too. The 3D siren looks great PeeWeeFan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your patience paid off in spades, you found the right bike and it's in great shape too, welcome to the thread and good luck with your build!

That's a nice looking bike. Getting the correct frame and fenders is a good start. It even looks like the seat is the right one. Welcome to the madness!

I bought a super siren almost 2 years ago. It was a stock one that did not come with a light. I was wondering if anyone knows where i should solder the light and the battery. unfortunately i took the battery off and dont remember where to put it. The battery is a 9v and has a black and red wire. also the yellow wire came off and i think i soldered it to the right place
20160628_123525.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back