Patrick Read Johnson's 5-25-77 (Post-release)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Patrick Read Johnson's 5-25-77

He shared this earlier on FB.

Patrick Read Johnson: I just got off the most amazing phone call. An amazingly cool human being from Kickstarter's Film Project division, who loves 5-25-77, decided to reach out to us with a proposal... I can't say more just yet. But when I do, a lot of people are going to be very happy.

11012740_10153700044362178_2463468431773043555_n.jpg

No real updates. Just bumping this thread.

Looking forward to the documentary Hearts of Dorkness which may get released this year. Hopefully 5-25-77 is not far behind.

Hearts of Dorkness: The Road to 5-25-77 Official Trailer HD - YouTube (This trailer was released in Jan 2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLha_m0KCmE

5-25-77 Trailer - YouTube

This is the same trailer which I posted on page 1. Still one of my all time favourite movie trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfRtkbl7mN4

Hmmm can't get the first vid to play.... Was it pulled?

Yep, but it was there for a whole year. I wanted to bring attention to it and tagged their page on FB and Twitter while sharing it.

Looks like they later pulled it by making that documentary trailer video private. I am guessing they want to keep the focus on the movie for now. The FB and Twitter page for the doc have also been pulled.

The documentary "Hearts of Dorkness: The Road to 5-25-77" was made by Morgan Flores, who was Patrick's girlfriend while they were touring the country, they broke up mid way through their journey, which was briefly mentioned in the trailer too.

If you search Hearts of Dorkness on Youtube you can see videos from 2012 where Patrick was raising funds and awareness for various local screenings. But that video is not the same as the documentary trailer (which I shared) and which went online in Aug 2013 and again was uploaded in Jan 2014 on that doc's new youtube page.

I have that trailer video with me, but since they don't want it to be seen now, I decided I won't upload it.

Hearts of Dorkness: Patrick Read Johnson on the Star Wars Tribute Film that Consumed His Life - Film.com
Here is a long and insightful article from 2013.

Thanks, guys, for bumping this thread. And the longer the release is postponed, the more I´m losing interest and personal excitement.

They´d be nuts NOT getting it released this year. I bet JJA will comment on it once it´s been out.

I bet JJA will comment on it once it´s been out.

When 5-25-77 was being made this sentence would have read "I bet George Lucas will comment on it once it's been out."

After 35 years the SW torch really is being handed off to other people. It's still hard to get my mind around it.

When 5-25-77 was being made this sentence would have read "I bet George Lucas will comment on it once it's been out."

After 35 years the SW torch really is being handed off to other people. It's still hard to get my mind around it.

Wow. Now I feel kinfa guilty about making that post

'5-25-77'

Just read this story about 5-25-77 and I cant wait to see it and the “unconventional advertising” that will precede it.

I recall people here loaning x-wing and other models for the recreation of the ILM scenes and that was like 11 or 12 years ago! I still want to see it but it's damned frustrating. I feel for the director, producers and actors. They completed the primary production over a decade ago.

Okay. Patrick Read Johnson is an RPF member. I am calling you out and summon thee to this here thread, moonwatcher1 !!! :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back