Paragon FX Group / New, licensed prop replicas.

Rylo, I was wondering if the Batman emblem will be hinged in the top-center like the film prop appears to be. Any other features like detail on both sides? The FE version just looks kind of crappy compared to your replica so I'm already sold.

Looks like Sideshow will be distributing Paragon FX offerings. That should help alleviate collectors concerns about ordering directly.

Although I'm a little confused as the actual site will not offer preorders but yet somehow side show collectibles is offering pre orders.

It's all metal, detailed on both sides and can be seperated in the center.
More info to folow as soon as the production sample arrives.
After viewing the film, I am ALL IN for every Battinson item you guys make.

Rylo, I was wondering if the Batman emblem will be hinged in the top-center like the film prop appears to be. Any other features like detail on both sides? The FE version just looks kind of crappy compared to your replica so I'm already sold.
I need to watch it again but I thought I saw the Batarang FE made in the background of his cave/hideout. It's certainly not the same as his emblem and I agree Paragon FX will be the definitive version. Even the WB stores' looked meh.

Although I'm a little confused as the actual site will not offer preorders but yet somehow side show collectibles is offering pre orders.
I think it makes sense for Sideshow to take on distribution for them. Also helps to get ahead of potential production chain issues, etc.

Hey, guys. Hope you understand that I can only answer certain questions on the forum without prior approval and only as time permits. Never want you to think I'm ignoring you; just some things I will and won't be able to answer. Just depends on the studio, the project, stage of completion, etc. The website will become increasingly more informative as time moves on but until then, I'll try and fill in some blanks. (y)

Back to the last question:

Grapnel, set of 2? Not sure I understand your question. The modular grapnel set will be offered exactly as seen on the site. It will ship with the bolo attachment, grapnel attachment and hand unit. CNC machined aluminum, black anodized finish, die-cut insert, industrial equipment case.

Engineering masters (prototype) seen here:

Batman 1989 Grapnel Utility Set Prop Replica

Hey, guys. Hope you understand that I can only answer certain questions on the forum without prior approval and only as time permits. Never want you to think I'm ignoring you; just some things I will and won't be able to answer. Just depends on the studio, the project, stage of completion, etc. The website will become increasingly more informative as time moves on but until then, I'll try and fill in some blanks. (y)

Back to the last question:

Grapnel, set of 2? Not sure I understand your question. The modular grapnel set will be offered exactly as seen on the site. It will ship with the bolo attachment, grapnel attachment and hand unit. CNC machined aluminum, black anodized finish, die-cut insert, industrial equipment case.

Engineering masters (prototype) seen here:

Batman 1989 Grapnel Utility Set Prop Replica
Sorry, I was referring to The Batman 2022.

And I’m sure we are all grateful for any information you are able to share. We know it’s a luxury to have one of our own to ask about licensed products.

Last edited:
LOL, I wouldn't say that but thanks! Dropped you a message. Let's see if we can get an answer dialed in for you. (y)

Superb....I love the box with laser cut foam to put the item inside and display it this way......really nice (y)

Got to see these props in person at Florida's "Spooky Empire" convention where I was vending. Rylo were extremely nice and super happy to talk to another RPF member (never met another RPF member irl lol).

Got to hold and examine the Blade Runner guns, Batman Grapnel and the Bat 66 radio.

High level first impression review:

• They feel like legitimate tools in terms of weight, material, hand feel, balance and machinery
  • The Blade Runner specifically felt like a real, well-balanced, firing pistol.
    • Tigger felt strong and responsive.
    • Saw the led light up and be removed to see where the battery went, very well designed
    • Comparing to real pistols I've held/used, this feels awfully real and impressive
  • The Batman Grapnel was very very impressive
    • Another heavy weight that makes a nice mechanical sound when clicking in the different interchangeable parts
    • Comparing it to my SD studios grapnel, this one was bigger and heavier and completely metal from my understanding
      • Again it doesn't feel fragile but more like an actual tool. Like you're holding a power tool if that makes sense
  • The Bat 66 Radio was fun and well designed
    • This feels like a real device begging to have custom electronics put into it
    • The machinery is very well designed with clean lines and solid craftsmanship
      • Antennas come up and the dial enables the light
      • another solid not too too heavy prop
      • Feels like you're holding a fancy walkman from the future lol
Saw their other props on display but my eyes were stuck on the Batman and Blade Runner props. In my experience buying props/replicas, I'm always weary of damaging them from miss handling/dropping them by accident. But holding these in-hand I felt I was handling tools that happened to be props lol. Very impressed with their build quality.

I also bought two Jurassic Parks maps from them which were really cool.

I'm definitely getting the 66 radio first when it's out.

Got to see these props in person at Florida's "Spooky Empire" convention where I was vending. Rylo were extremely nice and super happy to talk to another RPF member (never met another RPF member irl lol).

Got to hold and examine the Blade Runner guns, Batman Grapnel and the Bat 66 radio.

High level first impression review:

• They feel like legitimate tools in terms of weight, material, hand feel, balance and machinery
  • The Blade Runner specifically felt like a real, well-balanced, firing pistol.
    • Tigger felt strong and responsive.
    • Saw the led light up and be removed to see where the battery went, very well designed
    • Comparing to real pistols I've held/used, this feels awfully real and impressive
  • The Batman Grapnel was very very impressive
    • Another heavy weight that makes a nice mechanical sound when clicking in the different interchangeable parts
    • Comparing it to my SD studios grapnel, this one was bigger and heavier and completely metal from my understanding
      • Again it doesn't feel fragile but more like an actual tool. Like you're holding a power tool if that makes sense
  • The Bat 66 Radio was fun and well designed
    • This feels like a real device begging to have custom electronics put into it
    • The machinery is very well designed with clean lines and solid craftsmanship
      • Antennas come up and the dial enables the light
      • another solid not too too heavy prop
      • Feels like you're holding a fancy walkman from the future lol
Saw their other props on display but my eyes were stuck on the Batman and Blade Runner props. In my experience buying props/replicas, I'm always weary of damaging them from miss handling/dropping them by accident. But holding these in-hand I felt I was handling tools that happened to be props lol. Very impressed with their build quality.

I also bought two Jurassic Parks maps from them which were really cool.

I'm definitely getting the 66 radio first when it's out.
Pics ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back