PALPATINE THRONE ROOM 1/4 SCALE

These builds make me feel like I did when I first watched Star Wars in theaters. Nothing else quite does that including rewatching the films, now.

GEEK1138's threads transport me back to the pure wonder I had watching the films as a boy. Thank You!

Cheers guys...much appreciated. So here the consoles all painted...just need to add the blue colour and a few greeblies.
Although they are a continuous column that goes through the mezzanine floor, I have made them in top and bottom halves for installing

ixF1YUyl.jpg
5wsuatZl.jpg
mtEOIp6l.jpg
W4kTf9Yl.jpg

Observing this next picture of the set it seems those consoles also have blue luminescent light on the bottom parts :

Palpatine Throne Room DS2.jpg

Looking forward to your next post :)

Chaïm

Well, it's certainly looks like the set; I don't know how many details you're going to put in, but it's looking F.A.B. from where I stand (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

OK all done. I used some LIT luminescent paint for the blue light...kinda works in the dark but doesn't show up on camera

it gets lighter in colour as it dries and more 'active' as it charges from heat and light apparently
View attachment 1584894
Geek,

Just curious. Does the Lit pigment glo somewhat in ambient light ?. Kind of looks like it does in some images.
Been interest in it but not willing to pull the pin due to cost unless it does.

Geek,

Just curious. Does the Lit pigment glo somewhat in ambient light ?. Kind of looks like it does in some images.
I've used glow in the dark paint and neon colored paint. While it will not glow in any type of normal lighting, lights turned off, the glow paint will show a little. So for the best full effect of both type paints, have a black light shining on it. It will look like actually lights. But only if you have a place for a blacklight out of the way.

Great work as always! I did have a couple questions about some differences in your model vs the actual set. I realize perspective and camera angle can distort the perceived depth, but, to my eye, the depth of the windows and their surrounding panels are much flatter in your model than the in set. And you appear to have used the same design for the center window - behind the Emperor's throne - as the side windows, even though the center window has wider cutouts surrounding the main window, and much wider panels surrounding it. Was that an intentional design choice, perhaps for fabrication speed or engineering reasons? There's also those hanging "arms" above the throne and a dropped ceiling closer to the foreground that seem to be absent from your model (I don't know if you're completely finished or plan to add them later).
I don't mean to sound critical, I'm a fan of all your projects and your attention to details is usually spot on, so I was just curious if there were reasons for the differences. Sorry for the nitpicks - sometimes I get too obsessed with details.

a2c15ed24261184d70e116389db5fe5b.jpg
palpatine-throne-room-ds2-jpg.jpg

48356756_207775705412881_4184719122714514588_n-jpg.jpg

Geek,

The blue LIT pigment really didn't cut it so it was decided to change the panel consoles and use actual LED's
Great work as always! I did have a couple questions about some differences in your model vs the actual set. I realize perspective and camera angle can distort the perceived depth, but, to my eye, the depth of the windows and their surrounding panels are much flatter in your model than the in set. And you appear to have used the same design for the center window - behind the Emperor's throne - as the side windows, even though the center window has wider cutouts surrounding the main window, and much wider panels surrounding it. Was that an intentional design choice, perhaps for fabrication speed or engineering reasons? There's also those hanging "arms" above the throne and a dropped ceiling closer to the foreground that seem to be absent from your model (I don't know if you're completely finished or plan to add them later).
I don't mean to sound critical, I'm a fan of all your projects and your attention to details is usually spot on, so I was just curious if there were reasons for the differences. Sorry for the nitpicks - sometimes I get too obsessed with details.

View attachment 1705926View attachment 1705927
View attachment 1705928
No worries Bloop, thanks for the feedback...the whole thing was built around CAD files that I was given so I didn't have artistic control. The hanging things may be added at some point but it's out of my hands now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back