Painting My Mr I Latex Suit

predonator

Heys guys was hunting through old threads looking on how to paint my suit. Im a bit confused on what to use as theres multiple products. If any one can give us a step guide on what yo use that would be fantastic.

So last couple coats of latex would I put a bit of acrylic paint in latex to give a base coat??

Then use acrylic paint to actually paint my design on suit?? air brush or by hand

Then I would seal it with permawet?

Is that the stages I would take. Any help would b wonderful :)

I have heard of people pigmenting the last couple of layers of latex to get a base colour but most people just paint it up by hand or with an airbrush.

The paint process can be several ways, most popular is a mixture of pros-aide (skin adhesive) with water-based acrylic inks and water better know as 'pax paint'. The mixed has an average 45/50/5 - prosaide/ink/water. Build up colours in layers. What method you use apply the paint is up to you, an airbrush will give a more even coverage for more wider areas as well as blend the colours better but and paint brush can allow you to adding little details that you can't achieve with an airbrush i.e. viens in the mouth or smaller, more intracate areas. Both have the pros and cons to be honest

It is then sealed using 'permawet' or 'liquitex' - UK equivalent on permawet.

No expert on this however, just what I have read bout others doing.

This thread maybe of help http://www.thehunter...n-step-by-step/ its based on painting up a pred mask but its the same principle.

Question for you - how much latex did it take for you Mr I suit?

As a noob myself.I found out by other members that pros-ade to paint on raw latex will help acrylic thin airbrush coats will work,then permawet to seal it.Hope this will help you,but know more members will jump in and give other ways.good luck mate

Cheers for that buddy. Well I used a 5 litre from eBay with a thickener. Not sure what brand it is. but was £40 an £10 for thickener. I can't see the red suit now. So gonna add a few warts and veins using nylon string and those beads from a bean bag to give it a bit of depth. Then colour I might go for a white an black with hints of red then maybe do hints of red in the dreads just to fun off.

Sounds like the suit is coming along nice mate, good luck with the paint up,look forward to seeing the pics.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back