Paint up of Bionhunter's Narin Bio

JehdinThwei

Thanks to Narin for the original design concept and a huge thanks to Biohunter76 for bringing the concept to life. This bio is just sick.
Thanks Casey!!!

On a side note, this is the bio for one of the Predators who was never killed in a film (having never been in one) so he might be running around out there somewhere :)

I was going for the Bronze/Patina/woodland/swampy/mossy/forest look.
I remember in the book "Big Game" the Predator's ship was described as being neither green nor brown but both at the same time. That is what I had in mind while painting this.

Here it is. My first "real" paint up. Thanks for looking

narinjehdin.jpg

101ry.jpg

92927030.jpg

86898438.jpg

62894656.jpg

dope,....that looks nice,.......rusted and mossy ,............
good job mang,.......need to catch mine up to this level,......

I like it!
I can see you diggin deeper and deeper in to this hole that is the pred obsession!
first it was just figures ,then the hot toys and now you're painting bios. hope to see you sculpt something in the near future :)

what did you use for the lens?

I like it!
I can see you diggin deeper and deeper in to this hole that is the pred obsession!
first it was just figures ,then the hot toys and now you're painting bios. hope to see you sculpt something in the near future :rolleyes:

what did you use for the lens?

Thanks Lem,
I asked Casey to send the same lens material from this pic. I love the vertical lines in it as it gives it a techy look ...but I got a smidge of glue on it so might need to replace it with something else.

Yeah, I'm a Predaholic :)

narinbio04.jpg

OK, I'll say it: I FU__ING LOVE that paint-up! Holy schnikes, that looks phenominal. I mean, I really, REALLY like that paint up. WOW! Great job, brother!

What kind of glue? Can't buff it off? is it on the lens or the mesh?

OK, I'll say it: I FU__ING LOVE that paint-up! Holy schnikes, that looks phenominal. I mean, I really, REALLY like that paint up. WOW! Great job, brother!

What kind of glue? Can't buff it off? is it on the lens or the mesh?

Thanks brother!

It's Gorilla Glue on the lens. What I will probably do is buy a couple from Bambooie or Biohunter...... and then not be so careless :)

Try Neosporin. That works with Super Glue, may work with Gorilla, as well. Actually. Shoot some Gorilla glue on an empty water bottle or similar material and test it on there, first...

The larger pics look great. I really dig the way you finished this up.

Thanks man.
The gold fleck is picking up reflection that looks a bit "spottish" on film but is not noticeable at all in person.

Aw hell, I could have painted this piece of art pink with purple polka dots and it would still look bad ass based on the sculpt alone

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back