Paint gloss tip with jerk off gel!

Darkindestod

I've done my fair share of painting masks and for someone who has completed a paint job and needs to get that wet look but can't get perma wet or some other gloss medium, one thing I found that gets the same effect is using KY lubricant...or possibly some other clear, non scented "personal lubricant". I can't attest for any sort of water resistance, but it will give that certain "pop" to the paint by making it look freshly done. Obviously perma wet has some very good qualities to it, but if you're in a rush and can't order it, or you simply want to touch up certain areas of your costume without spending too much, lube is the way to go.

Ha ..interesting ...but it will dry off ...we actually use water based hair gel ( huge tubs at a dollar store) to provide a slime look to Alien suits right before they go on set ...we are constantly applying more between takes

Ha ..interesting ...but it will dry off ...we actually use water based hair gel ( huge tubs at a dollar store) to provide a slime look to Alien suits right before they go on set ...we are constantly applying more between takes
Oh it definitely dries off since it's water based, but it works in a short term situation. I figured hair gel was a widely used item for that effect. I bet it makes sets smell nice...or like a salon. :eek:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back