Pacific Rim Jaeger Suits?

Just saw the movie last night. Loved it! I expected someone to start a thread for these suits. I'll be following this for updates.

"Today we are canceling the apocalypse!"

Fantastic film!!! I also saw it twice in IMAX 3D, did you get the exclusive poster?

I would be so interested if anyone would be willing to make any of the small details that I saw in the film, such as the badges, Artwork (like the Gipsy Danger pin up girl), etc. But i'd be real interested in any patches that are made of the different squads. See here at the link:

http://www.pacificrimmovie.net/wp-content/uploads/pacific-rim-movie-trading-card-striker-eureka.jpg

Upper right corner of the blue prints, the bull dog and then the "Jaeger" Symbol (i'm assuming that's the symbol to represent the Jaeger program)

That would be epic for me!
-River

- - - Updated - - -

OH OH OH!!

And I just saw they have a mobile game, sooo downloading this:

http://www.intomobile.com/2013/07/11/review-pacific-rim-game-ios/

I know I know, it's not as good as a platform or pc game, but hey, it'll get me my fix till i can buy the movie on Blu-Ray!

-River

I Had an idea as a kind of a gag costume, and feel free to shoot me down. I was planning on making a pilot costume with green accents, get a green ranger belt buckle/morpher, and a helmet to kind of blend the two. I got the idea when one of my friends said the movie was like power rangers, but for adults. Otherwise I'd love to make a serious suit as well.

Pacific Rim - the RPF Gallery

We took thes photos of the suits at Comic Con last year. Hope they help. They should give you all the details you need.

Art, thanks for bringing these pics to our attention! Just awesome! I whole-heartedly indeed to make the Gipsy Danger Pilot suit, but it's going to be next in line to a prop that's on my workbench now. Hopefully, someone else will start working on one of these and create a new thread for the Pilot suits. I'll be the first subscriber!

Kind regards,
Craig

I just saw the movie last night (awesome!!!) and my very first thought on seeing the pilots suiting up was "I wonder what the RPF can do with those?", so I was very excited to find this thread this morning! ;)

I would really love to make a pilot suit sometime! Thanks a million for the reference pics!

I plan on making one of the Cherno Alpha suits. I've been looking at Art's pictures for a while, even before the movie came out (thanks Art!). Trying to determine what brand/model/type of tactical glove that is. Found plenty of look alikes, but none that have the leather straps that these do. I'm guessing that the strap over the middle part is added, but that strap near the wrist looks to be part of it. Closest I could find so far IMO is the Condor Nomex.

EDIT: I think I finally found the glove and have referenced it in my build/research thread here.

Attachments

• glove.JPG
    glove.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 466
  • glove2.JPG
    glove2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
if someone need a base to the Jaeger pillot suits:

Legacy FX making of:

Last edited by a moderator:
Balmung... you are my @#$%$&* hero! I've been having a hard time finding any reference shots for the back of the Cherno suits. Thanks so much.

I have started working on a Cherno Alpha mech suit. Nothing nice just a cheep cardboard and foam cosplay. But the way I figure it, looking at body-to-head size Cherno is the only one with a big enough head to hide a human's in. There will be a lot of things wrong but I think as long as the helmet and fists are proportional to the height it will do the trick.

WOW
I am right in there with you guys.
Saw the movie last night- will probably see it again in the next week.

Thank you art for the reference picture.
My biggest dilemma right now is wether to do the Gypsy Danger I or Gypsy Danger II pilot suits, I really like the contrast of the white suits.
spent the last hour researching reference pictures.
As soon as my Lady Sif is done this is next on the list.

Hi there....
MorbidCharlie...I think those are motorcycle gloves. The knuckles give it away. On the bike gloves that is a kevlar and ABS composite for if you hit the asphalt. My 2 cents worth.

~Edwin~

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back