Little and Large apollo moon suits

shedifice

Hi from England.

My son wants to build a replica apollo era space suit. He is space mad, loves astronomy and plans to either be the head of NASA or an astronaut, not too ambitious!

I agreed to build a space suit with him and if I remember will try to keep this updated. Its titled little and large as I will likely knock up one for me too ( he is 4'6 and I am 6'2. Thanks for all the info on forum so far, its really useful an inspiring.

Below is tonight's first step into making a mini snoopy cap.

Q1 - anyone have a source for the small holed fine spandex? in the UK I can only find airtex with large holes in it.

Leigh

20220725_203518.jpg

lmgill

Sr Member
Hi from England.

My son wants to build a replica apollo era space suit. He is space mad, loves astronomy and plans to either be the head of NASA or an astronaut, not too ambitious!

I agreed to build a space suit with him and if I remember will try to keep this updated. Its titled little and large as I will likely knock up one for me too ( he is 4'6 and I am 6'2. Thanks for all the info on forum so far, its really useful an inspiring.

Below is tonight's first step into making a mini snoopy cap.

Q1 - anyone have a source for the small holed fine spandex? in the UK I can only find airtex with large holes in it.

Leigh
Power Mesh is what your looking for. Here is a link to a UK store, but they say they don't carry it any more, but perhaps it will give you a direction to search.

The sides are a brown Teflon (PTFE) fabric, it's expensive and only available from a couple of suppliers in the US. I'm not sure if anyone has it in the UK. As I understand it, it's often used as a filter fabric for harsh environments.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.