P2 Elder Head Sculpt

Milk1

Well I decided to start a new sculpt. I am going to try to do an accurate P2 elder head. I am using a Morris P1 head as a reference(Thanks Isaac) to get the shape right. So far I have about 30 lbs of clay ruffed out. It is taking a long time to get the shape just right and somewhat symetrical. Updates will be coming soon.
p2elder002.jpg

p2elder001.jpg

p2elder003.jpg.gif

I second that one Andrew...my fav as well,just unique (as are the others) yet somehow sets itself apart. Looking great so far...keep the clay slinging.

looking great Aaron will it be roughly the same size that the morris are or is there a possibility that it will fit your torso ?

Thanks guys! I can't wait to actually do some detail on it to make it look like the elder. That will keep me motivated to get it just right. The sculpt right now is larger than the morris head. I figure after the mold shrinkage and casting shrinkage it will still be a little larger than the morris head. I am not sure if it will fit my torso. I might actually be sculpting another accurate elder torso depending on how the head comes out.

Wow that looks great, awesome job so far and Im excited to see your next update. May I ask what clay you are using and if that head is solid clay? I'm thinking about starting a elder head as well, but at this point I have no experience with this form of modeling. So a whole new adventure is beginning for me :)

Thanks guys! Sorry, not much of an update on the sculpt. I have been pretty busy with other things. I did start to add the spikes though. Maybe this weekend I will get some more done.
elder2001.jpg

elder2002.jpg

I noticed you have two different types of colored horns, what did you use to make them? They look so real.

I sculpt them and then made a mold, then just cast a bunch of them in resin. The black ones are just black resin spikes that I have left over from my last sculpt.

I sculpt them and then made a mold, then just cast a bunch of them in resin. The black ones are just black resin spikes that I have left over from my last sculpt.
Aaaah I see. Looks killer so far. I've always been into your work and I'ill definitely be watching this.

Looks awesome man,.........
i might try the elder one day too,....

fairwarning though,......when i used wed clay and a wooden armature i had to battle against mold after a few weeks,.....
it was fine to mist the armature arm with either bleach or lysol though,......either way though,.....let it breathe whenever you can,.....

sounds weird i know but,.....just a fair warning,....

bad-ass work,.....tough competition,....

Philby
high caliber tattoo
indianapolis

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back