P1 ( the reason the p2 stopped )

again Thanks guys, for a while now i have been trying to get a real look to my paint ups, something that you could believe is actually breathing etc. i hope i am getting closer.
Glad you all like, but the fact that it is a new mask probably makes it look better than it is lol.

I hope this does not come across as preachy or anything other than honest.

but the lair as a whole is why we see so much quality work, people are constantly pushing and creating new awesome stuff, be it masks/armour/skins etc etc, and bouncing ideas off each other, and personally it gets me pumped to sculpt or paint something.

It is kind of infectious seeing awesome work, it just makes you want to try to do something that other members love also.

More sculpts, yey!

He looks great Lee, the detail on the sculpt and the paintup are excellent :). The mandible/mouth area seems a little smaller than your other sculpts, to me it makes it look like he is permenantly snarling. Like a Jack Russel, well a 7ft tall Jack Russel that would flat out destroy you :D

So this is the first chance I have had in a week to see these pictures on something other than my Iphone.

And I have to say it is very impressive. First off you did this in record time. Which is impressive in itself. From beginning to end, sculpt, mold, paint, finish.

What I like is how Tight and small the mandible area is. Its proportion to the crown of the head gives this thing a unique look. It is definitly a P1 but your style comes through.

Bottom line, he looks PISSED OFF.

Again thanks guys.

Nice spot by Jon and Gene, the mouth was consciously sculpted slightly smaller as i thought the change indeed made me look angrier, ( and disgusted , like he is looking at you with distain. ) You can see from the sculpt pictures that i shortend the mouth/jaw at one point, and although this means the lower mandibles are approx 1 inch short of filling the bio perfectly, the look came out as i hoped i think.

I have the 2nd pull out of the mould, and i took it out early damaging the crown slightly ( nothing alittle latex and patience will not cure )

So now i am thinking of a custom paint up ( thanks Gene grrrr ) as i did enjoy painting the 1st one anyway hehe.

Talking to Drew last night, i was thinking along these lines.

Predator = Ultimate hunter.
Tiger shark = Apex Predator.

LETS MERGE !!!

Blues/greys/white and some black are rarely done on a Pred :)

and im also wondering if i should see if my open mouth P2 mandibles will fit.

throw any other ideas in if you want :D

Again thanks guys.

Nice spot by Jon and Gene, the mouth was consciously sculpted slightly smaller as i thought the change indeed made me look angrier, ( and disgusted , like he is looking at you with distain. ) You can see from the sculpt pictures that i shortend the mouth/jaw at one point, and although this means the lower mandibles are approx 1 inch short of filling the bio perfectly, the look came out as i hoped i think.

I have the 2nd pull out of the mould, and i took it out early damaging the crown slightly ( nothing alittle latex and patience will not cure )

So now i am thinking of a custom paint up ( thanks Gene grrrr ) as i did enjoy painting the 1st one anyway hehe.

Talking to Drew last night, i was thinking along these lines.

Predator = Ultimate hunter.
Tiger shark = Apex Predator.

LETS MERGE !!!

Blues/greys/white and some black are rarely done on a Pred :)

and im also wondering if i should see if my open mouth P2 mandibles will fit.

throw any other ideas in if you want :D

Hi Usurper,

Thats some Excellent work you've done there mate

I love the idea of using different colours on a pred and the blue/grey/white are defo something that appeals.In fact I've been toying with the idea of using some blues on the female kit I've just finished assembling.
I also think about the vast array of colours on chameleons i'm familar with.

Thanks for inspiration and keep up the superb work.

cheers..............G

Nice work....i've still not tried a sculpt with wed.....yours came out pretty accurate tho.....bet it's a hell of a lot easier to clean the mould out when it's done.

Nice work....i've still not tried a sculpt with wed.....yours came out pretty accurate tho.....bet it's a hell of a lot easier to clean the mould out when it's done.

You have no idea how nice the mould was to clean, lol.

clean as much as you can with tools then 10 mins with the garden hose and jet nozzle, pure bliss compared to chavant.

Haha! The wonders of WED. I have never done the garden hose method, gonna have to try that. Maybe step it up a notch with a power washer! 7,000 PSI BABY!

That's a great looking P1 mask.Do you make it for sale,if so how much for a complete mask just like these one ready to wear?

LOL Gene, you may obliterate the mould at that preassure hehe.

djjalles, i do not make dreads to sell, so i cannot make another complete mask like that, the dreads on the above were from my own mask.

Here are some suggestions for a Paint Scheme. For inspiration, maybe get the juices flowing.

Whale-Shark-Mouth.jpg

tiger_shark.jpg

2007-03-12_20-00-38.jpg

Happy Painting.

OK well, had a few hiccups today and i ended up slapping the hell out of this.

reasons being, i was in the mood for painting, and didnt plan anything.

so i decided i would start with some subtle blues, and then went onto some tiger shark esq stripes on the cheaks........... then i figured people would bitch about how sharks are rarely blue anyway, so i decided to go custom, and then i realised i disliked it grrrr.

so i think i may go around the outside of the outer spots with some dark blue. then stain the teeth and flog his ass.

any thoughts?

s1.jpg.gif

s2.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back