P1 Stunt V4 - Video Huntorial on How to Paint a Bio

Excellent tutorial Jay, I cant get over how simple the process is. :)
I have been chatting to Shannon Shea over on FB and hes been telling me how the actual movie armour was coloured...Iridescent powders, very stuble like you say. Boltgun grey was the main colour followed by a black wash over it, green powder was applied in areas along with gold and bronze. Red and purple were also put gentley in the gunshot marks and silver was put on the tips.
All this is coming in handy for my custom neca 1/4 p1. I tried out your technique for the bio and wow it works! Even on such a smaller scale.
I'll have to post pics...Thank you so much bro!

Years ago I recall someone telling me (Rob I think) that there's green in the armor/Bio. I had to go back and look at the pictures and sure enough - there's green! When I saw that, I thought - geez, this reminds me of the color-shifting paint that they use in body shops. But looking at more photos, and in particular the video of KPH walking around outside in the daylight with Stand Winston there...you can see how there are multiple colors in the armor and it takes on a very alien/other-worldly look.

Years ago I recall someone telling me (Rob I think) that there's green in the armor/Bio. I had to go back and look at the pictures and sure enough - there's green! When I saw that, I thought - geez, this reminds me of the color-shifting paint that they use in body shops. But looking at more photos, and in particular the video of KPH walking around outside in the daylight with Stand Winston there...you can see how there are multiple colors in the armor and it takes on a very alien/other-worldly look.

Yeah, theres defo some greens, gold, bronze in there...
In some of the production photos (the ones we all know with the bio without the laser housing) it shows theres some touch ups with gold around the gunshot burns. I think all this stuff with the colours is pretty neat, adds so much depth to the character.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back