Outing A Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

I just wanted to "out" JediMike1 on this...

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...=100522&hl=luke

As you can see I was the first to request the item. I had full intention of purchasing it. I asked for pictures and he said he would send a few. Next thing I know the thread is marked as SOLD and there is someone else in the thread who expressed interest.

I think that maybe he knows I want the item so he marked it sold. Then I ask the member who posted after me and he said he purchased it. This kind of thing is very shady and I just wanted to out this member for it.

did you tell him you had full intention of buying it? or did you just ask for pics?

This thread is pretty petty and immature if you ask me.What are you like 5? I was ready to pay, I paid him immediately.I didn't beat around the bush like you did.
As far as Shady? Dude, get a life and grow up.

Did you tell him you were going to buy it or did you just ask for pics?

Hmm...looks like the old saying 'you snooze,you lose' is applying here.

Scarecrow if all you did is ask for Pics then its your fault for not acting quickly.

According to the thread I see Streetjudge79 was the first to claim payment being said and thus has rights to the piece....in addition if you just PMed for pics or interest that will never trump a ready to pay customer....this is one of those cases where you might be trying to throw someone under the bus but you are going to instead find that you are the one under the axle...............

But shouldn't the seller at least have honoured the fact that someone asked for pictures?

Yes usually people just ask to see, but many woudl like to see what the item is like before plunking down money for it.

this happened to me once and made me furious, I PMd a seller and asked what teh total was to ship to my addrss and I would send paypal right away...next thing I knew three days later it was sold.

The fact is first come first serve should mean just that, not first standing with money waved in the face should get it.

And no offense intended to either side, but really the seller shoudl have been more responisble and told street judge that he had someone interested and if he said no then the item was his.

For some reason my sent items aren't saved but I said I was very serious about the item and all I wanted were some pictures before I went ahead and paid. I didn't blame the buyer, only the seller, but as seen in this thread and judging by the PMs he has sent me he's to blame as well. There is no need for name calling.

Not if the guy only wanted pics. Besides, the sideshow luke is all over ebay, there are tons of pics of it everywhere..Scarecrow, do you know what GOOGLE is? Sounds like Scarecrow was wasting time to me.He can find this readily available for the same price anywhere on the net. I was ready to pay, I stepped up, Scarecrow didn't and lost out. Now he wants to make the seller look bad?
COME ON.. I can't believe this guy even started this rediculous topic to badmouth Jedimike

Why did you need to see pics?

A Sideshow collectible should be well known to you if interested at all.

If it was a custom made part, maybe you need to see pics first.

Sorry. You snooze you lose.

And starting this thread is petty and childish.

The pm's I sent you? Name calling? PLEASE.. I don't even know you and you are PM'ing me about your hissy fit? Dude, I don't care. Grow up and quit crying about this.

Well, generally, if someone asks ME for pics............then someone else says "I'll take it."............... I'll just sell it to THEM. Why send pics to someone so they can "decide" if they want it, and risk losing the guaranteed sale with the second guy? I've done both, and had both blow up in my face, so it's a gray area.:\

But I don't think it's "shady". Shady would be promising it to you, then selling it to the second guy because that guy offered more money. Or taking your money ANYWAY, then selling it to that guy. But requests for pics are a dime a dozen, like "ooh, I wish I could afford that"s, or "I'd be interested if"s.............

Hell, I've even had THIS one, after a dozen "very interested" PMs over a week's time:
"Consider it sold. I just have one more question- Is it free of nicks, dings, dents, or scratches? I only collect pristine props".

WTF.?? Is it sold or NOT?? Why ask a question AFTER the fact? So I told him it had a pinhole sized SPOT, and never heard from him again. Big surprise. RPF/TDH member, too.

Ebay patterns tend to affect our judgment, too. A lot of "Question for seller" emails I get, never seem to follow through and bid. I just *LOVE* the ones who say they "want it, but........Do you have better pics"? If the pics are that bad, then why do you want it? How will a slightly better pic make you want it "more"?? Oooops, sorry, somebody just used Buy It Now.........you snooze you lose.

Like THAT.

I wanted pics because these are known to have varying paint jobs. StreetJudge, stop trying to get an angry response out of me because you wont.

LOL.... You just keep demonstrating your lack of maturity....Grow a set will ya?
I would be really surprised if ANYONE would want to sell to you after your little tyrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back