OTF blade mechanism in the works.

So It's Been a while guys! Ive been busy with the costume, slowly getting it together. I had the wristblades working decent and have been designing the shells over it. but, After having it being used last Halloween the plastics wore down so resistance came back. I decided this time I needed a better solution. I'm going to design it using a linear guide rail and bearing. I'm Also adding a Small RS bearing to the center wheel so that resistance is gone as well! With luck ill be able to keep the size of the mech the same. I'll keep you guys posted! Sorry its taking so long. I'm still only so decent at CAD :p

The blades should be on my channel! I made a walk through video on how I made them. I’m currently going to be making a CAD version of the blades. It’s all in the works trust me! Here’s a teaser of what’s next

So I got the mech to work and have the string setup, View attachment 266809But the tension on the string is way to high. It's almost to hard to pull. When you rotate the mech by itself to launch or retract, it only needs a little bit of movement. When I add the string it's to hard. :-/ I'll get it eventually!
So I got the mech to work and have the string setup, View attachment 266809But the tension on the string is way to high. It's almost to hard to pull. When you rotate the mech by itself to launch or retract, it only needs a little bit of movement. When I add the string it's to hard. :-/ I'll get it eventually!
That’s looks awesome I’d love to have something like that for my suit.

Prototype 1 with bearings and linear rods is finished and in the works! 3D printing shells and adding the guide rail :) Posting some pics here soon!

OTF Mech Teaser! Resistance between printed parts are gone! Now I'm doing some test prints and resizing the rotational mech to change the torque. Stay tuned guys!

[QUOTE = "Пествич, должность: 328286, участник: 2038»]
ОТЗ Мех Тизер! Сопротивление между печатными частями исчезло! Сейчас я делаю несколько пробных отпечатков и изменяю размер вращательного механизма, чтобы изменить крутящий момент. Оставайтесь с нами, ребята!
[ATTACH = полный] 272 271 [/ ATTACH]
[/ QUOTE]
model please ! or where can I download?

Prototype printed! It feels sooo smooth! I got some kinks to workout. I'll post an update soon guys! Sorry it takes me forever! I can only work on it during my free time around the holiday. I'll try to get this out by next year for sure! I've been trying to make this small to fit any style Predator gauntlet.

In this version (V3) I'm running 3mm linear guide rod bearings (two of them) and a linear guide rail bearing (one of them) to handle the back and fourth movements.
9x2.5mm bearings with 5mm x .05mm spacers to use in the rotational mechanism and to guide the pull strings (5 of them). This has pretty much eliminated all the friction on these two movements. I printed the rotational section and it works beyond smooth. I ran out of filament but ordered more to print the rest and give it a full test. Currently I'm looking for 4mm extension springs to add to the guide rods to create the OTF springs I need. The pieces include little catches that can be used with rubber bands or springs.
Predator OTF Mech V3 v18.png

Exploded
Predator OTF Mech Exploded .png

Full mech that will fit into almost any gauntlet (if you make room for this piece and add your own blades.) (P.S. I'm selling sets of blades)
Predator OTF Mech V3 2.png

I’m currently printing the newest revision. So once it’s together, tested, and working I’ll sell the design. I’ll most likely sell the files to those who can print and sell printed pieces for a little more (time and materials calculated in.) :)

I’m currently printing the newest revision. So once it’s together, tested, and working I’ll sell the design. I’ll most likely sell the files to those who can print and sell printed pieces for a little more (time and materials calculated in.) :)

DM or let me know when you post in PX at that point. We really can't talk about swaps/sales outside of that. I am a year or so away from getting a 3-d printer of my own.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back