OTF blade mechanism in the works.

Pestvic

Hey everyone! I haven't been on this forum in a long long time. You may remember me as the guy who posted the tri laser wiring diagram which is now being sold Aligning Lasers - How To, (Really easy), the white led eye flash diagram LED White Eyes For any Bio (Flashing eyes), the acrylic blade tutorial How to make Bad A$$ wristblades, and more. Today, I wanted to show you something I've been working on. It's an OTF mechanism for predator blades. So far I have a working 3D printed prototype that I designed based off an assassins creed style Hidden blade. So far the mechanism works perfect, but, when you add the blades. There is some resistance as the blades sit on top. I got the blades to move pretty well and they shoot about 70-80 percent. Just short of relocking... I'm going to purchase a stronger spring tomorrow and test again. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I plan to try and make this out of aluminum in the future when I can Tig weld pieces together. Until then, I have to figure out how to get this mech to shoot smoother.

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:
Yeah sorry guys, trying to link them but now my photobucket says I have to upgrade to share and this free image sharer isn't working :-/ any ideas?

Ok I've tried imgur also and it's not working... Hmmm

Last edited:
and I've used that same method as well. but with the mechanism he's using will be like an out the front knife. one pull to push the blades forward. one pull to retract the blades. so there wont be a need to retract the blades by hand. about a year or so ago pete mander (pmander fx or kre8 fx) was gonna make and produce a kit. but only ended up making the prototype.

and I've used that same method as well. but with the mechanism he's using will be like an out the front knife. one pull to push the blades forward. one pull to retract the blades. so there wont be a need to retract the blades by hand. about a year or so ago pete mander (pmander fx or kre8 fx) was gonna make and produce a kit. but only ended up making the prototype.

Yes exactly! They work great right now also! I had to pick up a heavier spring for it to work. I'm working on the aluminum version right now. Having trouble as I don't have a Tig arc welder. I used some braising rods and it's working pretty good but when I need to weld a second piece onto the same base piece the rest of the braising goes liquid again and it messes up the alignment. I'm thinking some JB weld would work?

honestly i have no idea. maybe. but in my experience with jb weld. its never been very successful. my attempt I was using a ball bearing desk drawer slide. it worked great for a short period of time. I had a spring that shot it forward pretty good. but the impact of the sudden stop. just ended up destroying it after awhile.

We
honestly i have no idea. maybe. but in my experience with jb weld. its never been very successful. my attempt I was using a ball bearing desk drawer slide. it worked great for a short period of time. I had a spring that shot it forward pretty good. but the impact of the sudden stop. just ended up destroying it after awhile.
well when I get this thing going I'll post an update :)

Very nice! It's very similar to what I have but he made that base for the blades to slide on. Looks awesome :) maybe that's what I need in mine for it to slide smooth.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back