Original Tron costume

jaywestronphoto.jpg

Brings back memories of Halloween, 1982. What a project that was with all the glow-in-the-dark tape. :lol

I'd love to see better pics as well but thanks for posting what you have, Willie. :thumbsup

Here's a couple of images I took of the Tron Costume in Orlando's Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney:

DSCF7100-1.jpg

DSCF7099-1.jpg

All the stickers are peeling off. :\

Note how the circuitry's "thicker" on the costume's torso at the Disney Archives. I guess they got a sharpie and filled in between the lines for more concentrated backlight glow or something.

Last edited:
It's amazing how simple, but effective, the design of these suits was for its time. Compare how complicated or hard to manufacture some of the costumes from other scifi of the day could get, like Star Trek's multilayered maroon uniforms with trapunto collars made by an obsolete machine and their complicated rank and color variations, or Star Wars' detailed armor. Here we've got jumpsuits with circuitry drawn on and some athletic pads, and on screen it was very effective in its day.

And it looks retro-cool on display, even without the 80s lighting and computer effects layered on. :) Awesome.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back