Original Graflex score. Like new condition!, Has it even been used???

funksoulbrotha

Was at a local Antique market yesterday and something in a glass display case caught my eye immediately. I summoned over one of the employees to open the case to have a closer look and get a price, because I saw no tag on it. When I asked about the price, he wasn't sure so he went and asked someone else. Upon returning, he told me it was part of a bundle. It was sitting on a shelf with a bunch of other vintage camera stuff. A cool old Graflex speed graphic camera and a bunch other related items.
$450 canadian is the price. I really didn't want the camera and other items and was hoping to maybe score the Graflex by itself. I was thinking, the whole lot for $450, maybe I could see if I could snag the Graflex with a $150-200 offer. But they couldn't get hold of the vendor for that booth.
I pondered and walked away to look around the market some more, then I stopped and asked myself "What are you doing, GET IT !"
I wasn't planning on dropping that kind of money, just went in to browse, but the Graflex are getting more scarce, and this one is in "Like new" condition.
I'm planning on selling the rest of the package for a couple hundred bucks. So if that sells, then I got a Graflex for around $150-200.
I'm gonna turn it into a saber hilt. Nothing fancy. No internal stuff. Just the basic add ons.
How do you think I did??? This thing is very clean. It looks like it came right out of the box. And I'm guessing the vendor isn't a Star Wars fan.

DSC_0279[1].JPG

DSC_0280[1].JPG

DSC_0281[1].JPG

DSC_0282[1].JPG

DSC_0283[1].JPG

DSC_0284[1].JPG

DSC_0285[1].JPG

Nice! I've only seen one at an antique store and they guy looked me up and down and automatically gave me the SW fan price since I'm right in the OT age range. He wanted something like $400 just for the flash. That was 20 years ago when that price was not anywhere near reasonable. Now it is.

awesome find :) I would have been glad to find it together with the speedgraphics too as I want one complete for my collection. (y)

That's really a great treasure you did find there. I'm impressed how good it still looks.

GREAT FIND!

I did the exact same thing in a local antique mall and bought the Graflex camera kit for 300 anyway. Looks like it was barely used, just like mine - thats much more magical to me, finding it in the wild.

Make it into a good set-accurate hilt. My votes are the ESB or ANH Heros, or even a Skywalker Ranch Saber if you want more of a challenge. I'm finding I want a display piece after building most of these too. Or, you could be a monster like me and save it for a fencing saber and drill the hell out of it :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back