Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Glad to hear things are going well. More picks please :)

SiMan have you sourced HDPE in the correct colours or are you going for the material alone than a paint job?

Cheers Chris

I think there's little chance of finding the correct HDPE colour. I have searched high and low for it and all I could do to get the correct colour is custom order a Tonne of it! I'm not convinced that it was HDPE, it may have been PP of something in the same family of plastics as that can be found in a similar colour. I have the RAL colour code of the original plastic and haven't found it off the shelf yet.

Because Star Wars is NOT about "Nationalism".

I don't read what JoeR posted this way, also he never said about it returning home but it being where the costumes where made, anything else. And my comment was because something Fett related returned where it was made, not because it was a better place. You know, but I won't comment about it because of the CoC.

Fantastic!!! pull Simon.
I can´t wait, to get this top class suit home.
Its will be a piece of art all the way, and a piece of history at the same time as well:thumbsup

So "in story" where would the armor have been made. The Clones which became the troopers are from Kamino, but was the armor made elsewhere? Like Fett's Mandalorian stuff.

Anybody know this?

Wookiepedia says it was designed by Kamino guys with the Jango's input, but I can't find anything about where it was made, what the page says looks to point it was made in Kamino.

..Wookieepedia's wrong, I think you'll find troopers come from Twickamino :)

Fantastic update SiMan! nice one :thumbsup

I think there's little chance of finding the correct HDPE colour. I have searched high and low for it and all I could do to get the correct colour is custom order a Tonne of it! I'm not convinced that it was HDPE, it may have been PP of something in the same family of plastics as that can be found in a similar colour. I have the RAL colour code of the original plastic and haven't found it off the shelf yet.

I think there is a chance it was Polypropelene as well.

For three good reasons the first being that is a very common colour in Polypropelene.

Second Polypropelene is a material suitable for vac forming and Andrew Ainsworths business was vac forming. HDPE is guff for forming.

Third Polypropelene is much cheaper than HDPE.

Oh and there is a fourth Reason - it was Andrew Ainsworth who said he used HDPE and he seems to have a lot of memory problems when it comes to anything relating to 1976. He must have been concentrating too hard on sculpting and prop making. Oh and he is also a compulsive liar.

Cheers Chris

Fantastic!

Will these be offered in styrene also? As much as i would like one in the correct plastic, i would also really like a styrene one so i don't have to worry about paint flaking off out of my control.

Keith.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back