Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Thanks for the great link.

It is reasonable to assume that the auction house may attempt to resell it, so get your mortgages ready. :)

Too bad the bucket was stripped otherwise we could probably ID it onscreen.

The best stuff always goes on behind the scenes... :love

I believe this was originally "discovered" by one of the guys on the 501st UK Garrison - photos of it started being discussed at the end of August to try to determine it's authenticity
it was known about before it was posted on the ukg forum

Wow that is incredible, great to see more of them are still in existance.

But whoever stripped it and painted those details in black needs a beat down...

I'd never before heard about the helmets having been sprayed with red primer before painting. Is this true?

I'd never before heard about the helmets having been sprayed with red primer before painting. Is this true?

Hi,

Yes if you look at all the insides of the ANH helmets seen previously they look pink in colour from the overspray of the red primer and white paint.

If you look at the good resolution pictures that were posted by Keith of the 'Stop that Ship' and 'Move Along' you can clearly see red primer where the paint has flaked off and where the ear caps were removed.

This is one of Keiths' pics - Keith if you want it removed just say.

Here is the inside of the first TE helmet

I also think on the Set for Stun helmet the red mark on the top is the white scuffed off leaving a red primer mark.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
I know this item is super rare but am I correct in saying that is isn't the only full set of ANH / ESB armour outside of the archives?

The Kurtz Joiner archive claimed to have a full set and it was reported it had remnants or marks of squibs on it.

I am positive a full set of ESB armour + helmet was auctioned at Christies in 1998.

I swear I had a picture of the Christies auction one but seem to have lost it.

Can anyone confirm either of these or did I just dream them?

Cheers Chris

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back