Orange Hoverboard

Almost done with this orange hoverboard. I just need to finish the foot strap and adhere a strip of the same yellow & black spots vinyl design on the perimeter edge and it it will be complete!

I did make a change. I decided to go with a different orange color tone velcro. Just to be somewhere half way between the current faded color vs what it may have been when new. Based on the few photos available and my best judgement.

AFC2FA2D-3038-434C-93E7-37EBC71DD1DE.jpeg

7B4BF4D9-250E-4B23-90B6-1D8652C03EEF.jpeg

The foot pad and strap is a guessing game at this point. I had it painted orange but it would not contrast well with the fuzzy foot strap. Then, repainted it yellow, which works with the strap but not with the board. Then at last I decided to keep the foot pad yellow, but painted the edge of the pad orange. Which to me, keeps the colors in balance. Plus this close up barely helped with the decision.
2801232C-B062-4D3A-854C-4FE55B0CC180.png
B4B96D67-B5B9-4C47-8CCC-2699504EC5E9.jpeg

ECF8845B-58E9-4822-BF48-07E1562ADC5F.jpeg

Considering not much color reference is there for the bottom “hardware” parts of the board nor the foot strap. I’d say I am happy with final look.

I’ll update pics soon of the board completed. :)

ShortWookie

It seems you have never seen the other screen used orange hoverboard. It's just a pink one that was painted orange at the edges, but it has a different foot pad than the pink hoverboards. It's orange with a yellow foot strap.

Attachments

• bttf2_mattel_USF.jpg
    bttf2_mattel_USF.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 57
ShortWookie

It seems you have never seen the other screen used orange hoverboard. It's just a pink one that was painted orange at the edges, but it has a different foot pad than the pink hoverboards. It's orange with a yellow foot strap.
Thanks, I did see that one photo many years ago. It does make you think. ;)

I just wish a better photo was out there showing the true orange board with a foot strap.

Between that photo, and the pic showing another pink hoverboard but with a red foot strap made It seem as if the foot pad game on these hoverboards were like musical chairs.

I may have to make a second alternative foot pad just to visually see it on my orange board. It’s just one of those details that makes this a fun project. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back