Opinions?? Boba Fett Flak Vest/Jacket Armhole Seam Details

LadySewForUs

Hello all
I would like to get some feedback about the Boba Fett Flak Vest armhole seam detail.

I have see pics of one of the screen used Boba Vests, that show a very messy seam around the top of the armhole, above the sleeve. But it does NOT go all the way around the armhole. It is NOT a top stitch.

vestsleevepiping-1.jpg

It is for this reason that I just leave the seam off. It is a messy sewing error. This was obviously slapped together and NOT a clean neat top-stitch around the armhole.

It seems rational to me that leaving it off, is about the same, as far as
"inaccuracy" goes, as it would be to sew a neat top-stitch all the way around the armhole.

I have had this picture in my " to review " cue, for years. I have not yet bothered to duplicate it.

I just saw the Original ESB on the big screen yesterday. In some scene's with Boba, you can see this seam. In other scenes, you cannot see it. This must be due to multiple vests being used. One scene probably has the vest with the seam, while another shot, they may have used the vest with no seam.

How important is this to everyone? I would love to hear some thoughts on the matter. I am going to look for a screen cap with no seam, so I can post it here.

Thanks in advance for the input!!

Debbi

Debbi, the first picture you have posted is the MoM display. The sewing on that vest is particularly poor (as you mentioned). The AoSW vest is much more clean and clear. Please take a look at these photos and see if they help.

Make sure you view these at full size (not just the popup) as they are HUGE and show the area very well.

To answer you question about some vests not having those stitch lines at all, here is the Preproduction #1 suit and as you can see, the attachment method is very different.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back