Oops, I Boo-Boo'd: Help In Repairing An Oomoo Mold?

Lflank

Oops. I was casting some dread beads earlier today, using Smooth-Cast in an Oomoo mold. When one of the beads didn't want to come out, I twisted it a bit to get it off the central rubber "post" in the mold (the hollow part of the bead). Well, I got a little too enthusiastic and ripped the central piece of the mold out. It's a nice clean break, so my immediate thought was to try to super-glue it back in. Alas, the super-glue won't stick to the Oomoo mold.

Anyone have any advice about how I can fix the mold? Or do I just need to remake another mold (I don't have any more Oomoo at the moment, or I'd have tried mixing up a teeny bit of Oomoo and using it as glue.).

Damn, and I only need another dozen or so beads to finish the set . . . . .

you can fix it with rtv silicone from home depot just use it like glue and let it dry for 24hrs iv had to fix one like that

Alternatively, Smooth on sell something called sil-poxy which is basically a silicone glue. I've used it many times when a mould has torn. It's good stuff.

Be careful, as a lot of the hardware store silicones do not make a strong bond. The best acetoxy silicone is made by Shinetsu, KE-45T, and is half the cost of SmoothOn's Silpoxy, and works just as well. Most effects suppliers carry it. Super glue will not work, because only silicone sticks to silicone.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back