One-off PVC ID card printing

Jon Kelley

I know there are businesses out there that would do one-offs, but they can get hairy.

I've got it in mind to print some "novelty" ID cards - stuff like "Certified Whoop-Ass Canner", "HMFIC", "Designated Drinker", "Wall-to-Wall Counselling Instructor", and silly stuff like that, and I figure this may be the place to ask.

If anyone has a PVC ID card printer, is willing to print up possibly a half-dozen different cards for a reasonable price, and can (preferably) do colour, I'd like to know about you!

Funds can change hands; or I can handle some light electronic/electrical/mechanical design assistance, if you've got something you can't quite get to work and/or need advice on (35-year mechanic, 20-year "design mechanic," throw in fabricator, machinist, electrician, carpenter, woodworker, some light foundry experience, and the like - I cross a number of disciplines,) and I intend to design the cards myself.

These may be fun, but I'd like them to "look" real - so a mag stripe on the back (real or phoney) or a "smart card grid contact" on the front that can be worked around would be preferred.

I'll be generating the artwork - probably - using MSWord templates, but I can supply the finished file in MSWord, non-vector graphics formats (.jpg, .gif, whatever ACDsee lets me output,) or .pdf file (although it would be made with CutePDF, not full Acrobat. I haven't gotten a copy of Acrobat for Win7Pro64 yet, and I don't know if my old Acrobat8 will come close to working... Does anyone know if it will? Because I could sure use it if it does...)

These would be photo IDs, and would also feature a signature, probably on the front.

Creative input would be welcome (preferably prior to printing... ;) ) and any templates provided may be considered, oh, "free for limited-profit use." (I know you've got materials and such to buy, I've no trouble with that. I honestly don't expect these ideas to take off. If they do, can I get a small cut? Whatever you think is fair...)

I do plan on using these where appropriate - full credit would be given to you as printer, so if you want to fix a price on them, let me know. If it's an editable file format we're working with at the base, I'm sure I could whip up a "blank" template to make your life easy...

Do please let me know.

-JDK

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back