One more Hasbro Rebels X-Wing

Great work so far. Are there any other members that have modified one of these? I have a X-Wing from the 2013 vintage collection that I've wanted to to modify but looking at the size of this one I think it would be a cool one to do as well.

Thanks for that link I had forgotten about that thread. I wasn't crazy about the wings not opening but went ahead and picked up one of these X-Wings off Amazon earlier today for $25. I just got my Hero series Falcon in today so I'll be working on it for a while but I'll keep the X-Wing as a "someday" project.

This ship is generally considered to be closer in scale than the 2013 VC X-Wing and there are a number of members who have started converting this toy into a nice looking replica.

Check this thread for some links

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=177385

It stalled out had to get some figures finished for my little figure company. I should start working on this again this weekend. As I will be doing casting. I have a about a 10min cycle time when I do metal casting so I work on models in between casting. Actually works about the same when I am doing resin casting because you need to wait for the castings to set up in the pressure pot. and small parts need a little extra time to set up. Helps to kill time while I wait.

I thought this is a good a thread as any of the Hero Series X-Wing threads. I've just started to play around with mine again and have started to mess around with some 3mm MDF to try and make some prototype wings to see if they're any good. My plan is to make a 2 part wing with an overall thickness of 6mm. If all goes well I'll also make the base for the engines as well with the hope that I can then use the measurements and get everything cut in acrylic. Ha....dreaming but I have to try.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back