Old British Police Warrant Cards

Re: The Blue Lamp / 1940s Metropolitan Police Warrant Card

Great work Caplan :thumbsup

That photo looks fine, i'm going to steal it for my Popeye Doyle ID ;)

Great work Caplan. What is the case made with? What covering are you using? Incredible work. I think the photo looks fine. It look like it was taken awhile ago, from the time in the movie.

Best,
DBCooper

Thank you guys,

for the Credential cases, it is some sticky paper black immitation leather ( perfect for the réplica )
on a appaisseur of cardboard, cut in good dimensions the folded up corners, it is the same technique used for the movies.

yes! for me also now the pic of Gene Hackman it's good.

Kennyd the pic it's The French Connection movie.

all the bests

Caplan

Kenny,
I printed out your Dixon and Foyle cards this morning and pasted them into folio's, they came out real well I think.....Thanks dude!

Another reincarnation of the old Met card. This is based on a (very blurry) screen grab from the opening titles of the last season of the Dixon of Dock Green series in 1976.
The grab only showed the top half of the card. In reality by this date the Met's own crest was in use.

2wgf5dt.jpg

wouah! beautiful Paul(y)thumbsup
great work I love it.

bests

Caplan

Nice work Paul.
If you can crack the gold embossing tecnique this is what the outside of the two Foyle's War cards are like.

2mxkep0.jpg

33v0ny1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nice work again Kennyd(y)thumbsup

here again the credential card of Rupert Anderson
but with the modifications on the pic, now it's better.
and with little modifications on the card.

bests

Caplan

This is me trying (and failing) to do an atmospheric shot. I'd best leave it to Caplan :lol

5le80o.jpg

very nice (y)thumbsup Kennyd I love your display:thumbsup
especially the "helmet" and your id also:thumbsup

bests

Marc

Nice setup Kenny, these sets always look better when they are posed like this for a photo!
Just for fun, check out the attached Met set, these were sold on ebay a while back I tihnk and are a typical Hollywood variants of what a Met set of creds (they wish lol!) looked like. I don't remember what production they said it was made for but I've seen that wording, which I am guessing is based on the old Marshal creds, on a few sets of cards.

This is me trying (and failing) to do an atmospheric shot. I'd best leave it to Caplan :lol

:lol just a little more than a hint of Fed creds there :rolleyes

Not a paper prop but still on the ye oldie police theme, i'm currently working on this replica City of Glasgow Police top hat with an aged look. This is the sort of thing worn around 1850. When finished it will go into a local museum.

I guess the only movie it could be linked to is the 1950 David Lean film Madeleine, about suspected Glasgow murderess Madeleine Smith of 1857. But it would suit any production of old Glasgow from 1800-1870s.

35ldrtu.jpg

Last edited:

Hey thats pretty cool Kenny, can you stand on it like an original? What you need now is a tipstaff and scroll royal warrant to complete the picture. Nice one!

Not a paper prop but still on the ye oldie police theme, i'm currently working on this replica City of Glasgow Police top hat with an aged look. This is the sort of thing worn around 1850. When finished it will go into a local museum.

I guess the only movie it could be linked to is the 1950 David Lean film Madeleine, about suspected Glasgow murderess Madeleine Smith of 1857. But it would suit any production of old Glasgow from 1800-1870s.

35ldrtu.jpg

Hey thats pretty cool Kenny, can you stand on it like an original?
I'm afraid that's a myth Paul. I examined a genuine one in storage with Glasgow museums, and even when new if anyone had stood on it there would be one flat hat :lol

A few more British tv cops card projects, I'm not sure how familiar these will be to our American cousins.

Left, old card from Dalziel & Pascoe (made for Paul), top Taggart, right Rebus (Thanks Paul for the image), and at the bottom, A Touch of Frost.
The Taggart & Rebus cards are in genuine police issue wallets.

By the way these are all different to varying degrees from genuine police issue cards, and in fact the cards used in A Touch of Frost and Dalziel & Pascoe use fictional police force names :)

280mxom.jpg

Last edited:

very nice display Kenny(y)thumbsup
I love your cards

bests

Marc

Nice looking display Kenny, the cards always look nice when they are paired up in the warrant card holders and badges. I can't claim the credit for making the Rebus card only with helping on the research. The 60's D&P warrant book looks spot on! :thumbsup

A few more British tv cops card projects, I'm not sure how familiar these will be to our American cousins.

Left, old card from Dalziel & Pascoe (made for Paul), top Taggart, right Rebus (Thanks Paul for the image), and at the bottom, A Touch of Frost.
The Taggart & Rebus cards are in genuine police issue wallets.

By the way these are all different to varying degrees from genuine police issue cards, and in fact the cards used in A Touch of Frost and Dalziel & Pascoe use fictional police force names :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back