Oily Glue? What is it really?

I do not know the formula for the specific product you mentioned. However, in general "oily glue" is an oil-based adhesive which is produced by dissolving acrylic acid or polyurethane with an oily solvent such as toluene or butanone.

Seems that the only vids on YouTube are "reviews" that are just propaganda ads like the page I liked to. Don't know if that means the product is really new, or really BS. It is a lot cheaper on Amazon than in the ad I linked to.

I've had a chance to use Jue-Fish twice now.

The first application was to glue a torn rubber corner off my partner's iPhone case, back onto the rigid plastic core of the case. I'm awaiting results from real-world testing, but it was easy to apply, stuck quickly, and seemed to stick extremely well to two very dissimilar surfaces.

The second application was on a figure I'm working on - a large Pumpkinhead figure molded in PVC. I'm using Apoxie to clean up the piss poor OEM joint seams and convert it into a statue. It's big, and the arms are long, which put a lot of leverage force on the wrist joints. I initially used CA on them, then Apoxie to fill the gaps. But after a lot of sanding and filing to sculpt the textures back in I noticed today that there are hairline fractures on both wrists where the Apoxie is not holding on to the PVC strong enough to compete with the flexibility of the leveraged PVC. So I tried Jue-Fish, couldn't quite get it down into the cracks as much as I would have wanted but after only 45sec of hand pressure the wrist joint cracks totally vanished and didn't reappear even when I put more force on them than before. This glue could be the real deal!

I got two bottles of "Juefish Oily Glue" from Amazon. It's as thin as water, so I had doubts. But I made a couple of wooden spice racks to mount inside a cabinet door and I glued them together completely with this stuff, no nails, screws or staples. Both racks have been in use, full of spice bottles, for 2-3 months now and show no signs of failing.
I find it especially useful for assembling, or repairing, my 3D printer models.
I am truly impressed.

Seems like an interesting product. Weird that the website doesn't have some sort of a Safety Data Sheet on this product. But good on plastics, tile, glass and wood? Wow.

One of the funny thing on the Bartfull website is the video where the arm of the chair gets glued to the leg, then the person shakes it around, but it looks like the bond doesn't hold, since the user keeps gluing and gluing because the video loops.

TazMan2000

The only failure I've had with it so far has been on a PVC toy where a load bearing peg tore. The joint area is too small to make a strong bond given the weight it has to support. So I'll have to pin it anyway. I wouldn't fault the glue in this case.

The best thing about oily glue so far has been that it's STILL LIQUID in the bottle. I'm so sick of going to grab my one bottle of an expensive or specialty CA glue only to find it gelled or solid after being capped for a few months. I've tried decanting into smaller airtight vessels (like 0.5ml droppers) that I then seal, nothing seems to work. My only other idea to preserve CA is to maybe go with a larger vessel so I could glue a dessecant pack to the roof of it, so it would absorb moisture from the air inside the bottle, but I don't think that idea would pan out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back