Officially Licensed: Marvel - Wolverine X-Men II Motorcycle Suit Now On Sale!

Re: Officially Licensed: Marvel - Wolverine X-Men II 'Movie Replica' Motorcycle Suit

I am addicted to hitting refresh on your site, can't wait to see the new stuff.

Me too! It is unfortunate that Dave tends to prefer a few huge updates rather than many small ones :lol

Re: Officially Licensed: Marvel - Wolverine X-Men II 'Movie Replica' Motorcycle Suit

Advert.jpg

David

Seems every other week you guys are gettin bigger!

TOO COOL DAVID! :cool

I litterally can NOT WAIT to hear more about the tron stuff! :cry

I've said it before and I'll say it again... CONGRATS! To some very cool, talented, and deserving people!

I think you guys are probably one of, if not THE first companys to make liscensed "movie props" with real world function! :)

I really think that after SDcomicon and the tron announcements... you guys are just gonna continue to snowball into more and more stuff as the rest of the world gets to see what we RPFers have been drooling over for a while now!

:cheers

Seems every other week you guys are gettin bigger!

TOO COOL DAVID! :cool

I litterally can NOT WAIT to hear more about the tron stuff! :cry

I've said it before and I'll say it again... CONGRATS! To some very cool, talented, and deserving people!

I think you guys are probably one of, if not THE first companys to make liscensed "movie props" with real world function! :)

I really think that after SDcomicon and the tron announcements... you guys are just gonna continue to snowball into more and more stuff as the rest of the world gets to see what we RPFers have been drooling over for a while now!

:cheers

Your post puts a big smile on my face my friend. Thanks for the kind words and for the support. :thumbsup
One thing is for certain, our commitment to quality products is first and foremost, and I hope that as more items are released and delivered that it becomes more and more apparent to anyone potentially interested in taking the plunge and possibly placing an order with us.

A big high-5 bud!

David

Official Press Release.... :)

April 06, 2010 08:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time
UD Replicas Unveils X2 Wolverine Motorcycle Suit and Begins Development of Handcrafted Iron Man 2 Suit

UD to Begin Taking Orders for Wolverine Motorcycle Suit, Produced Under License from Marvel, in Late April

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Super Heroes are coming to the real world in spectacular new ways thanks to two new creations in development by UD Replicas under license from Marvel Entertainment, LLC.
“No matter who you are, when you put it on and zip it up, you look like a Super Hero.”
UD Replicas unveiled a stunning new Wolverine Motorcycle Suit – including leather jacket, pants and gloves as seen in X2: X-MEN UNITED – during Wizard World Toronto Comic-Con, and orders will be accepted online at www.udreplicas.com in late April.
“Wolverine has one of the sleekest, most amazing suits you can imagine, and what we’re creating is as close to the real thing as you could possibly get,” said David Pea, owner of UD Replicas, the officially licensed division of Universal Designs Ltd. “It has taken us literally hundreds of hours to get it right, but the end result is truly stunning and we hope fans will love it.”
To ensure precise detail, Marvel provided UD Replicas with access to the Wolverine suit worn on screen in X2: X-MEN UNITED. To create the jacket, gloves and pants, UD Replicas is utilizing four different types of leather, which are hand-worked into an intricately faithful replica of the on-screen suit. Each X2 Wolverine Motorcycle Suitalso incorporates removable CE-approved body armor; gloves with built-in, anti-skid Kevlar in the leather lining of the palms; and an interior, form-molded muscle suit sandwiched into the jacket’s torso section.
Pea continued, “No matter who you are, when you put it on and zip it up, you look like a Super Hero.”
Under its multi-title license with Marvel, UD Replicas also announced today that it is in development on an extraordinary leather replica of Tony Stark’s Mark V Suitcase Suit that will be seen in Marvel’s eagerly anticipated IRON MAN 2, which will be released in the U.S. on May 7.
“We’re putting our creative senses to work like we’ve never done before,” Pea said. “We’re going to mold and shape the leather to replicate the beautiful bevels and hard angles of the Mark V suit. We’re making the leather look like metal, and doing things we never thought would be possible.”
UD Replicas plans to unveil the IRON MAN 2 Mark V Suitcase Suit in time for the film’s debut.
Full information, photos and video of UD Replicas’ remarkable creations can be found online at www.udreplicas.com.
X2: X-Men United the movie: © 2003 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Iron Man 2 the movie: © 2010 MVL Film Finance LLC. X-MEN, WOLVERINE, IRON MAN and all related characters TM and © 2010 Marvel Entertainment, LLC and its subsidiaries. Licensed by Marvel Characters B.V. www.marvel.com. All rights reserved. Super Hero(es) is a co-owned registered trademark.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6238418&lang=en

Contacts

J2 Communications
John Singh, 818-458-7800
john.singh@j2comm.com

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20100406005735&newsLang=en

Here's a cool video interview from SDCC. It shows the new Batman Nomex boots and the Utility Pouch, but mostly focuses on Wolverine.
Still I do get into detail about the new Batman stuff.
A little blurry at times but still pretty cool.
:)

YouTube - DAVID PEA Interview

David

The Wolverine X2 - Motorcycle Suit is now up for Pre-Order!
Jacket and Pant set - $909.00
Gloves alone - $89.00
Jacket/Pant and Glove set - $998.00

3 month payment plan option available.
Orders Close November 7th 2010.
Delivery is First Quarter 2011. (Jan-Mar)
Edition Size: 250 Suits Total.
Universal Designs Ltd.
If you have any questions about the product, payments or sizing, please call Dave at 905-223-5818.

Front-side.jpg

Back-for-website.jpg

Glove-WEBSITE.jpg

Rimma :)

Product Update:
We're currently in production of our Wolverine X2 Movie Replica Motorcycle Suits, and while we've noted some minor tweaks...which have been implemented and are now going to reflect the final produced suits, I did want to address one detail area that was originally faithfully replicated on our prototype suit as well. :)

One topic of discussion and debate has been the tip of the main X shape on the torso and how it 'should' touch the shoulder profile detailing so that there's little to no suede in that area.
What must be noted is that there are dozens of screen used suits, and these suits were all hand made and while followed the same pattern, they did have minor differences. The suit we had access to did not have the tips of the X shape go all the way up to the shoulder detailing.
Here's an example of just one of the screen used suits showing this area clearly, with the tips not going all the way up to the shoulder trim, and with the full suede boarder around it.

Screenusedsuit.jpg

Just by looking at this one image, I can also state that this was not 'the' suit we actually had in our possession from some of the other details shown...so several of these did have that X tip done in this same way...which was why ours did as well.

Once again, we have made several tweaks to the overall detail and design, but the discussion regarding this area can clearly be seen in this public image of just one of these suits now on public display.

:thumbsup

David

You guys do some beautiful work, David. I wish I could have picked up this Wolverine suit!

I will be getting your Begins suit!

I still remember suggesting waaaaay back in the mists of time that your Batman Begins suit would make absolutely awesome motorcycle leathers and you have continued to astound me time and again. Your Tron jacket is simply amazing!
One day I hope to hell I can order something from you :)

2bdf728d.jpg

UD Replicas - Universal Designs Ltd.
Wolverine: X-Men 2, Movie Replica Motorcycle suit.
Image from highly classified, secret photo shoot taken at undisclosed
UD Replicas location.
...........more to come.:ninja

David

i see the LAST posting date on this was 03-02-2011
and i know u just got the Starwars & G.I. Joe license this year 2012
so u been busy with BOTH those projects...

but the question is...do u ever plan on doing another run of the wolverine suit?

Respectful Suggestion: instead of posting in a thread that's nearly 18 months old, email or call them directly. That's more appropriate for the forum. :)

Hope that helps. You'll probably also get a more speedy reply that way.

Sincerely,

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Respectful Suggestion: instead of posting in a thread that's nearly 18 months old, email or call them directly. That's more appropriate for the forum. :)

Hope that helps. You'll probably also get a more speedy reply that way.

Sincerely,
The Ghost of Christmas Past

@IndyFanChuck ...thanks for the suggestion ;)
but i already "emailed david & informed him" that i had a # questions...
which im sure he gets ALOT of the "same questions" over & over.

i figured it would be better to ask them here....
So anyone who has the SAME question, would get it answer too ;)
Plus it would same David time & effort, since he is a BUSY guy indeed.
Because im sure he checks in on his RPF threads, every so often on updates of sorts...

Im sure i probly did "luck out on getting" the Wolverine suit :(
Which is WHY i got my eye set on getting one of the Tron Legacy suits instead :)
im just "waiting to hear back" from him, be4 i put in my order...

I'd like to know if there'll be another run of the Wolverine suit too. How about it, David? Should we start saving up for when The Wolverine comes out, or is it most likely gone for good?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back