Officially Licensed: Captain America: TFA - Movie Replica. Now Completely SOLD OUT!

Re: Officially Licensed: Captain America: TFA - Movie Replica Motorcycle Suit

The bellow metal bit on the back is not a pointy metal, it is metal harnes shaped as the Star. :) I personally think its an important detail as the spine is to the Batman.

Once again David. This REALLY ROCKS! Please make it so faithfull as possible !!!! I will be watching this.

Is there any worry about having pointy metal bits attached to a protective suit? A good crash could send a spikey bit of metal into the rider!

capam8_0008_Layer-3.png

Nick

Holy cow, this is going to be rad, Can't wait to see the finished product!

Can I please get a brief quote on potential price? And what sizes might be available?
Regardless count me down for one.

This is a really exciting one to watch - I'm curious how the leather will get that dirty fabric look - if you use leather at all!

:D

Wow David. This is great.

When I first saw the design for the suit I immediately thought of you. Looking forward to seeing it complete.

So - any chance this will be the first non-leather UD suit? :love

Probably not, since their license is specifically for leather motorcycle gear. I know that it's not always 100% leather. Correct me if i'm wrong David (and call me too!)

The moment I saw a pic of this Jacket I knew I'd be wearing it someday soon. Can't wait for it to be ready. Please update us when you are taking orders (or pre-orders).

Saw a picture of the suit at the comic-con gallery over at superherohype.com, I'm pretty sure its still in prototype stage but still looks great. I only wish it was made in textile rather than leather for a motorcycle suit. I think this suit would have been just perfect in textile. Not sure if it was okay to post the picture here before David but if you head over to the site I'm sure you guys can find it.

Saw it on the hype as well as the Rinzler. They look great. Perhaps you should update with
some nice studio like pics before we get the con foor ones in here.

So is it to early to talk about the eventual "avengers " cap suit yet ? Lol

I wonder if theres gonna be an avengers hawkeye suit coming

It looks almost perfect but.....the leather is just too shiny. I think it would have been better if all of it was made out of twill.

I just saw some hi-res shots of the UD suit from SDCC. I don't know how he did it, but David got some of the leather to have the appearance of herringbone twill, like the movie suit. Kudos!

IMG_5601 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Back from SDCC...and really thrilled with the overall response to our Captain America: TFA Movie Replica Motorcycle Suit!

The entire suit is made from Grade A Cow hide....Textured like the screen used movie suit for all blue leather, and the leather sleeves as well. The abdomen area is the only white leather on the suit. All accessories consisting of Large Chest Star and 2 Smaller Shoulder Stars, Top Back Harness Buckle, Lower Back Harness Buckle and Belt Buckle are all aluminum....and the suit consists of Jacket, Pants, Boots, Gloves and Belt. It'll be available as a set, or in individual articles.
The suit shown at SDCC is our prototype...but I'd say it's 90% ready to go.
-The Blues needs to be a shade lighter...and not shiny.
-The shoulders are missing about 1.5 inches at the tips, needed to create the squared off look seen on screen.
-The entire jacket shown here was taken apart on the Monday before the convention and reassembled, so some of the previous stitch lines are still visible. Obviously the clean and properly assembled version is what's to come. We completely redid the gray harness area, but do bear in mind that the correct texture and color of the gray webbing is seen in the elastic straps connected to the shoulders and the full bottom edge of the blue top torso area. Those are the correct color and texture...and we're working on this right now.

You'll notice that the upper chest part in blue with the metal star is a fold over 'flap' of sorts with the access zipper hidden under the shoulder harness. Below that is the full torso zipper allowing access to the jacket.

The brown bicep leather straps are adjustable...and the sleeves have zippers in the wrist. The jacket is finished to be worn on its own...or as part of the whole ensemble.

1e35a277.jpg

a2545a65.jpg

296935ed.jpg

de005ec6.jpg

86ce3a85.jpg

64d97248.jpg

7ec0621e.jpg

db1e39a4.jpg

d82e1dac.jpg

38c1cc28.jpg

b5ceeec9.jpg

These last 2 are of the jacket during set up, and the finished sleeves are shown.

7f253fbd.jpg

911a0ade.jpg

Design wise, the suit is pretty spot on. The shoulders currently do taper inward...and that's being worked on as we speak. However the size, shape and thickness of the harness details is rather accurate. We'll be ready very soon.:thumbsup

David

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back