Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Creative :)
Didn't that pair in HK go for over $100K?
Anyway, yes, there is no air sole in these. The (almost) funny part is, the clear sole is supposed to be the air sole and the EL light are supped to the "glowing air bags".
In a way, I am glad these V3 MAGs don't have an air sole. I was wearing my real NIKE AIR shoes the other day and stepped on a thumb tack someone had left on the ground. I could both hear it ticking away under the ball of my foot as well as feel it as I walked, so I pulled it out. Only to hear that fatal PTSSSS! Not happy Jan as those shoes had an RRP of $249.00 and I can feel there is no support under the front half of the shoe.
The cleverest "air sole" was in another shoe, also originally from 1989 and that was the NIKE AIR PRESSURE. Not sure if the retros have the same set up as the 1989 original which had the air sole as part of the sock liner and it ran the full length of the sole. This meant that should it be compromised, it could be replaced. All AIR shoes should have had a similar design IMO.

Nope, the Air Pressure retro just had the same kind of insole as they make for most things now (same as my 2016 Air Max's anyway) but it's funny you should mention that air sole. Remember I joked a while back about putting the AliExpress Air-Soles in the V3's so I could really say "they're AIR Mags"? I ended up putting the soles in the Pressure's, underneath the usual ones (they feel a bit wierd if they're the only insole you use).
And I hate that bursting air bubble sound too.

Nope, the Air Pressure retro just had the same kind of insole as they make for most things now (same as my 2016 Air Max's anyway) but it's funny you should mention that air sole. Remember I joked a while back about putting the AliExpress Air-Soles in the V3's so I could really say "they're AIR Mags"? I ended up putting the soles in the Pressure's, underneath the usual ones (they feel a bit wierd if they're the only insole you use).
And I hate that bursting air bubble sound too.

That is interesting about the AIR PRESSURE. When you pulled the sock liner out and looked into the shoe, the original shoe had a recess about 5 or 6mm deep that was in about the same from the edge of the footprint. On top, the sock liner looked like any sock liner, but flip it over and you had a raised portion the same shape as the recess. The rubber in the midsole under this sockliner was quite hard, almost the same as a V2 mid-sole and I think was actually part of the outer sole, so no air sole there.

It made sense to do it this way because it allowed the shoe to have a slim sole and still be comfortable. Given the issue with failing lights and batteries in the MAGs, it would have made sense to use that same design to prevent our feet rubbing away on the wires as we walk. Note the black plastic part used to pack out the space above the battery is at least 5mm on the thickest end. So there is room there for a better system. The molded plastic lace system was still one of the best parts of those shoes. Not power laced, but certainly speed laced.

Last edited:
And yesterday was my first real rain test. I got caught in a down pour - like the gutters were overflowing in 2min and whilst I got wet getting into my car, shoes remained dry. I was impressed.

Just WOW ! (but the only thing is that with DHL you ALWAYS PAY CUSTOM FEES)
I'll explain what this is about...

dhl-shipping.png

WOW That was a fast delivery. And I thought 6 days to Australia was impressive.

Custom Fees depend on your countries import system. Right now for Australia, if a package is declared at less than $1000 ($999 or less), there are no fees, but that will soon change to a point where anything over $20 will incur a 10% fee of the declared price. This is to deter imports from Amazon, etc but it won't matter anyway as soon we will have Amazon.com.au and therefore all postage will be local.

Australia to the US has free trade and so long as the declared value is less than a grand, free the other way as well, for now.

I am sure the declared amount on my V3 shoes was like $40 or something.

Ha ha! Mine looks the same. I'm expecting mine by Monday! Darn custom fees
yep, two orders for v3 = 50$ to add to the pricetag i asked them to use another shipping company but they somehow forgot...

WOW That was a fast delivery. And I thought 6 days to Australia was impressive.

Custom Fees depend on your countries import system. Right now for Australia, if a package is declared at less than $1000 ($999 or less), there are no fees, but that will soon change to a point where anything over $20 will incur a 10% fee of the declared price. This is to deter imports from Amazon, etc but it won't matter anyway as soon we will have Amazon.com.au and therefore all postage will be local.

Australia to the US has free trade and so long as the declared value is less than a grand, free the other way as well, for now.

I am sure the declared amount on my V3 shoes was like $40 or something.
yep, the first time it took like 7 days to canada

but here, two days O_O wow !
For the customs i asked to declare under 30$ but no difference : i had to pay the 25$... i guess that they charge whatever they get with "shoes" as a description... no matter the pricetag. And it was a 30$ so even if i had to pay the 15% taxes of quebec, it woul be only 5$ max...

so, to explain this second order, i have to post some pictures... stay in tune ;)

Got my V3. Amazing!!!
These are the defective ones. Will try to fix the lights bit first have to figure out how to test and figure out what works and what's has to be replaced :).... and yep! 25$ for customs.

ccb09950a683f301ecad6601db841cb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all guys, I wanted to know if buying from the site sneakerhead is 100% sure they arrive?

I think everyone except one person bought of sneakerahead and no one has complained about not getting shoes sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my V3. Amazing!!!
These are the defective ones. Will try to fix the lights bit first have to figure out how to test and figure out what works and what's has to be replaced :).... and yep! 25$ for customs.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170617/ccb09950a683f301ecad6601db841cb8.jpg

Is it the light or are the soles actually nice and icey?

Got my V3. Amazing!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170617/ccb09950a683f301ecad6601db841cb8.jpg
Cool glad they arrived this fast :)
So if i see someone in MTL with MAGs on, I'll be sure that's you :)
BTW, what size are they ?

Lucky you, it look like they sent you the updated version !
So, now, as we are two with defective MAGs that we've paid 200$ DHL shipping included,
i guess that we can estimate the production price of the shoe to something about 40 / 75$
(maybe even less if you consider that they send a replacement shoe that works for 200 or less to the ones who paid 500$)

Anyway, I would consider getting other pairs if they "officially" start to make a version without lights at this price.
And I'm pretty sure that a ton of other guys would get them too.

I think everyone except one person bought of sneakerahead and no one has complained about not getting shoes sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it the light or are the soles actually nice and icey?

Yes slightly icy but will still add color to it.

So not yellow? You must have got lucky. Will be interesting to see how long they stay that way.

I'll take pics but not yellow at all. As for RLFV question, they are 8.5. I wanted a lie close to MArtys size. They will be for display only and will wear my modified proses version possibly to upcoming comic con :)

I'm curious what is faulty on these shoes. I would start with getting a charger and swap out the battery. Then if they still don't light up, it's most likely the charge port OR a bad circuit board.

I'll take pics but not yellow at all. As for RLFV question, they are 8.5. I wanted a lie close to MArtys size. They will be for display only and will wear my modified proses version possibly to upcoming comic con :)

If they are for display only and you wanted Marty's Size, then you should have got US7.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious what is faulty on these shoes. I would start with getting a charger and swap out the battery. Then if they still don't light up, it's most likely the charge port OR a bad circuit board.

When you cut yours open to access the electronics, I noticed that after you removed the buckle, there is white fabric. Do you actually cut through the outer shell grey?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back