OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: New blaster family members-UPDATE 02042012

What did you use for the base MP44 and what material do you use for the tube?

Awesome collection. Still reading the many posts here but wanted to ask, how many are kits from others and how many are scratch built by you? Sorry if already asked and I didn't find it yet.

Sorry for the late reply KM

It´s a wide mixture of parts from different sources.
My main goal is to use as many of the real parts (be it pistols, rifles, SMG´s, MG´s or the add on parts) as possible, so "scratchbuilding" isn´t neccessary most of the time.

The conversion parts are either originals or bought here...back in the "glory days" of the RPF, where most of the threads were about SW and you could find many runs, active projects etc... :thumbsup
Besides of the MR parts, pretty much all builds incl. painting/ weathering were done by me.

Every time the "real deal" is not available OR too pricey, kits and (scratch-) selfbuilds come to play a role in my collection :)
Right away I can name Shawn´s excellent resin Rexims and Calicos and Arturo´s upper receivers of my BF prepro sling guns.

Pretty much every part of my collection is the result of a joint venture.
Be it the information and insight I got through the RPF, tips, hints and even parts from many great members (such as lonepigeon, kurtyboy, mgoob, clutch, BobaDept etc...) or help in form of machining stuff for me (ssdesigner, sidewinder, Lichtbringer etc...).

Does this answer at least part of your question?

Markus

Yep, that answered it, thanks. I did pick up a pair of Shawn's kits, they are awesome. Currently working on a vac formed kit of a lewis gun turned T-21. Any tips for the add ons?

I think next, or probably intermixed with will be a gaffi stick.

The IG-88 gun is awesome. I'd love to try one of those next.

Yep, that answered it, thanks. I did pick up a pair of Shawn's kits, they are awesome. Currently working on a vac formed kit of a lewis gun turned T-21. Any tips for the add ons?

I think next, or probably intermixed with will be a gaffi stick.

The IG-88 gun is awesome. I'd love to try one of those next.

Well...there are no add-ons to the T-21 except the ribbed tubing around the barrel and a sling. AFAIK the 100% correct tubing hasn´t been found yet.

Markus

What did you use for the base MP44 and what material do you use for the tube?

Think I never answered your question...

The MP44 is a cast of a real/ shoei STGW44 hybrid I own.
With "tube", you´re referring to the IG88 blaster barrel, right?
It´s alu tubing (45 O.D: IIRC) with all the small holes drilled to make it a vented barrel jacket.

Markus

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...

And there we go again ...

"T H E DL44", WHICH one???? :lol
I just take it that you like all of them ;)

Might have something exciting to share in the next few weeks, IF luck will be on my side.

Markus

Thanks gentlemen.

I am sorry that this thread has not been updated for quite a while now...I have a few irons in the fire, but no "real" progress or new props to share.

Besides of the Schermuly I´ve mainly collected parts, worked on the Binocs project or simply messed with my small workshop.

Hope to be able to post some news in the near future :thumbsup

Markus

Last edited:

Markus, which versions of the DH-17 and E11 do you have? I can see quite a lot of those and i think one DH-17 is a Masterreplicas?

regards Tom

See post 186 for the finished E-11's.
Plus three unconverted Sterlings and one MGC.

Reg. the DH17's...
ANH cast from screenused stunt
ANH MR
ESB selfbuilt from mostly real parts
ROTJ selfbuilt from MGC sterling

Markus

Last edited:

Thanks Markus!
Again: I am so impressed by this collection! its just great how the E11s look on that rack! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back