Interest Oblivion Tom Cruise Leather Suit!

Looking GOOD! Are you considering silicone for the armor sections or something similar?
First of all I want to complete jacket with accurate design details.
Then I'll consider silicone armors.
Is there any seller who selling jacket armor?
Thanks

Totally understand getting the base jacket down first. I'm not aware of anyone doing it, and from the previous project run, I imagine they had to source it (design and fabrication) as a separate set of pieces and then have the maker attach during the construction process. I'll see if I can dig something up.

It may be cost prohibitive or too stiff in the screen accurate design, but for more durability than silicone, what about using what Crye uses for their combat knee/elbow pad caps? At least according to one of their patents "the stiff cap 42 may be fabricated of a thermoplastic elastomer such as SANTOPRENE® plastic material manufactured by Advanced Elastomer Systems of Exxon Mobil Corporation."

Here is the link to the original Run 10 years ago...

I missed it completely but would love a Large Jacket in Leather (And Pants + Boots)

PS: If anyone has a Large one from that run that's looking to sell please hit me up.

Hey all,
My vector artist created these files for armor.
How they look you?
Chest.jpg
Shoulder Top.jpg
Sleeve Shoulder.jpg
13761249-1ab2-4c4d-9f3f-6dbe2de04094.jpg

Hello friends,
After spending much time I couldn't find right way to get those armor for jackets.
Where I can get those armor? I couldn't find right path?

Thnaks in advance.
Jameel

Late to the discussion...

Many years ago somebody made armor parts by making 3D models, then 3D printing a master and then making silicone molds. This might be the way to go, but you'd need to find a strong rubber in white/light grey to use for the parts. Crowprops does an excellent rubber armor boot toe and glove armor plate for Boba Fett costumers in black rubber. They might be someone to ask regarding technique.

Here's the thread where Koras showed how he made his armor plates...

Oblivion - Jack Harper - Jacket and pants detail pattern template

Last edited:
Where did you get the pants made? All the listings I see for them online are TOTALLY the wrong design compared to he originals.
Another member...Skyit found an ebay seller that made the pants to his specifications. I also used this seller, but alas, the seller is no longer on ebay.

#facepalm :) There's a few other vendors. I wonder how willing they'd be to modifications. So many of the leather makers overseas change company names frequently or have others copy their web sites and product lines so It's hard to keep it all straight.

I've had good experiences with a couple of the big online sellers when it comes to custom work, with the pricing being really reasonable. Not always perfect, but for a couple hundred bucks I've gotten some great stuff made.

I'm hoping Jameel can figure this one out as he has a track record for not only ACTUALLY delivering, but the quality is top notch with a great price.

Jameel, would you consider making this suit without the armor parts, but instead doing them in leather? I'd be happy with that compromise if it meant the suit got done sooner rather than later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back