Obi d ring question

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking for a d ring for my obi lightsaber but can't seem to find the right size. I read somewhere here that the correct size was 3/4" but the ones I ordered from a buckle company to test fit have a really thick wire.

Does anyone here have a resource for semi-accurate obi anh d rings?

Thanks!

To be brutally honest I took my pommel to the hardware store - one that has lots of those little drawers, and browsed the D rings. I found one that was about an inch or 3/4 and it looked close enough to me. They weren't that thick either.

Does anyone with a plastic AS handwheel known how to drill those without destroying them? and without a drill press!

I searched for "obi wan d ring" and found a tutorial here on the rpf. Basically they drilled a pilot hole with a 1/16" bit on each side of the cube first then drilled with a 1/8" bit.

:D I remember that thread, thank you. We only have a hand drill, I may leave it for the time being. Still trying to find a way to drill straight down by hand :facepalm

D rings though, the one I ordered from Blast Tech was nigh the same as what I held in a hardware store for 5 cents, even a little less accurate. I'd say the cats in the bag there - unless you want to spend the extra dough

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back