NYCC 2015

Tony, is this you, dude?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Talk to the Hand Iron Man Cap Combo NYCC 2015.jpg
    Talk to the Hand Iron Man Cap Combo NYCC 2015.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 437
It all depends on where your interests lie. I attend to see the cool stuff on the show floor and shoot pictures of same cool stuff, cosplayers, etc, and there's no lack of both. Panels and celebrities don't appeal to me at all. To me, that's stuff's boring.

Eye of the beholder, brother.

Agreed. I had a great time on Friday with my son. This was his first con, and I don't think I saw him stop smiling once.

took the words out my mouth, I could care less about panels and celebs. Im all about people's suits and comics and original art.

for me, I don't care about the comic side of it.......comics today, at least with the big two, have gotten so convoluted that it's hard to care about them anymore.

I'm more interested in the entertainment and guest side of it.

There's something for everybody at these shows, so to each their own.

The only celebs I saw were Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi but that was because they were signing in the lot in front of Javits

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bruce Campbell NYCC 2015.jpg
    Bruce Campbell NYCC 2015.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 335

Nah, I seen his hip pod fall off outside on the sidewalk tho :)

here's a few of my pics.
-4.jpg-5.jpg-6.jpg
12105882_10154296412887738_1926481494653555026_n.jpg12105693_10154296413022738_4759157646991631428_n.jpg12096085_10154296412882738_5113856907851350935_n.jpg12074824_10154296413267738_4296808815718495069_n.jpg11222623_10154296413762738_5116511899634470307_n.jpg11148386_10154296414187738_5279018964086449581_n.jpg11081128_10154296425512738_4874450567924445948_n.jpg12108962_10154296450027738_2931574453762980347_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

for me, I don't care about the comic side of it.......comics today, at least with the big two, have gotten so convoluted that it's hard to care about them anymore.

I'm more interested in the entertainment and guest side of it.

losing battle man, youre on a cosplay site talking about an event where 90 % of the people either dress up or take pics of the ones dressed up. I don't know what tp telly a man.

losing battle man, youre on a cosplay site talking about an event where 90 % of the people either dress up or take pics of the ones dressed up. I don't know what tp telly a man.

not quite sure how to decipher that one. how does not liking the comics side of the event mean that I don't care about the costume side?
I must have missed something here...

oh well. hope people had fun. I for one, am glad I didn't go. it's way to b ig to be fun for me.... hoping Atlantic City Boardwalk con will be just as good this year.

now im confused. Youre complaining about NYCC which you didnt attend, to go to something in AC?? and you think there will be more celebs and movie stuff?

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 11.56.04 PM.png

for the record there was tons of people from Walking Dead, Seth green, Drea Dematteo, Orlando Jones, I met DMC ( from RUN DMC ) by accident... the chick from Game of Thrones, Natalie whats her face....

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/NYCCLive/

for those who couldn't get tickets due to the cluster buckle that the ticket sales have become.

is it just me, or are there really no more interesting panels at this event? you might have one or two big ones spread out over the course of three days... but last year I only went thursday to check out the tmnt one. and even that one I couldn't get to the front rows because they didn't clear out the room and the first 10-15 rows where taken already.

I don't know.. but I feel like it's gotten worse since reed pop took over, and more boring.

oh well, if they continue to live stream it each year, I'll never have to bother with it again.

I thought the following were pretty interesting
- Comicbook Men (aka the Kevin Smith panel)
- Rebels (w/SMG)
- Firefly Reunion (highlight for me)
- Last Witch Hunter (didn't know Diesel was a huge nerd)
- CW Supergirl and Lucifer Ep I screening. Lucifer stole the show.
- Daredevil panel
- Jessica Jones panel

I did notice that the main stage had anywhere from 2-3 rows in both the center sections reserved for press, certain pros, friends of friends, folks with special cards, etc. I think Daredevil was the worst one because those sections filled up immediately and the people that were suppose to sit there had to go elsewhere. I was also amazed at the number of Non Ultimate Access folks in the UA panel line or just seeing people already seated in front row when they allowed UA ticket holders to enter the main stage first.

I also heard that security botched issuing the DD/JJ panel wristbands by giving them to the overflow people first.

Last edited:
I don't care for the wristband for panel lines thing. it seems stupid ot have to wait in line just to wait in line...

forgot about the rebels panel. Iwish they streamed that one.

I don't care for the wristband for panel lines thing. it seems stupid ot have to wait in line just to wait in line...

Agreed. That is a pain in the butt. Nobody likes it, but I guess it works (???). It''s biggest reason I lost interest in panels. Just too much time involved. If you paid to get in everything should be accessible to you IMO. Eh, still a fun show. Nothing's perfect.

Pix:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More here.

Attachments

• Ant Man Iron Man Helmets NYCC 2015.jpg
    Ant Man Iron Man Helmets NYCC 2015.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 327
  • Back to the Future Props NYCC 2015.jpg
    Back to the Future Props NYCC 2015.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 340
  • Batgirl and Perfect Joker 2 NYCC 2015.jpg
    Batgirl and Perfect Joker 2 NYCC 2015.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 328
  • Batman Figure NYCC 2015.jpg
    Batman Figure NYCC 2015.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 331
  • DSC_0078.JPG
    DSC_0078.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 279
  • Star Wars First Order Storm Trooper Figure NYCC 2015.jpg
    Star Wars First Order Storm Trooper Figure NYCC 2015.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 332
  • PCS Collectibles Werewolf Figure  NYCC 2015.jpg
    PCS Collectibles Werewolf Figure NYCC 2015.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 342
  • Harley Quinn Daddy's Monster Full NYCC 2015.jpg
    Harley Quinn Daddy's Monster Full NYCC 2015.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 319

forgot about the rebels panel. Iwish they streamed that one.

It think it actually saves time; the idea is that, if you get a wristband, you know there is room for you, as opposed to waiting in a line all day that may get cut before you can enter.

That said, I didn't wait in line for a wristband. We got it early enough that all we had to do was ask someone for it.

It think it actually saves time; the idea is that, if you get a wristband, you know there is room for you, as opposed to waiting in a line all day that may get cut before you can enter.

That said, I didn't wait in line for a wristband. We got it early enough that all we had to do was ask someone for it.

Wristbands, God Passes, Friends Passes....whatever the case may be, they need to figure out a way to control the masses. As soon as they opened the flood gates to the Main Hall, people run, shove, and push their way in there. It's like some of these people never developed actual social skills or don't simply understand how to function in a public setting.

I actually got hit in the head by some ******* running to the mic once the Q&A portion was announced during the DD panel.

Wristbands, God Passes, Friends Passes....whatever the case may be, they need to figure out a way to control the masses. As soon as they opened the flood gates to the Main Hall, people run, shove, and push their way in there. It's like some of these people never developed actual social skills or don't simply understand how to function in a public setting.

I actually got hit in the head by some ******* running to the mic once the Q&A portion was announced during the DD panel.

The only purpose for the wristbands that I can see is accounting for availability. If you give our wristbands prior to the event, you know when the line is beyond available space in the hall.

I've been to a lot of bigger conventions, and expected NYCC to be ridiculous. It was definitely crowded, but I've waited in much longer lines at smaller conventions (looking at Otakon and Katsucon, where others waited 5-8 hours to get into the door, or in panels). I was surprised by how well it moved. There will always be basement dwelling douchelords who have no social skills or awareness of the space their take. The biggest issues I saw in behavior were using phones while in crowds, meaning they weren't looking or walking as quick as the person in front of their path, and large backpacks.

Agreed. That is a pain in the butt. Nobody likes it, but I guess it works (???). It''s biggest reason I lost interest in panels. Just too much time involved. If you paid to get in everything should be accessible to you IMO. Eh, still a fun show. Nothing's perfect.

Pix:
More here.

whoa, whoa whoa...

is someone actually selling a bttf time circuit display soon, or was that just for display?

and re wristbands. I guess I can see that it helps with over flow.....but still.....it's way too much waiting in line and disappointment.
much more fun to watch the stream at home...

is someone actually selling a bttf time circuit display soon, or was that just for display?

I believe these are prototypes listed for future availability from EFX Collectibles, Inc. The booth had a lot of cool stuff.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back