NYCC 2015

Discussion in 'Conventions and Prop Parties' started by jackoshadow, Aug 29, 2015.

1. jackoshadow

jackoshadow New Member

Anyone going? Semi-native and will be there Friday and Saturday, as Cap from Ultron. Let me know!

2. hapslappy

hapslappy Member

I will be there with my whole Family.
    I will be the Thing. Family will be Iron Man, Invisible Woman and other son will be Scarecrow.
    Im entering the costume contest on Saturday. I am hoping to take best in class. We will see.

George likes this.
  3. BumblebeeRecycd

BumblebeeRecycd Active Member

Shadow, I am going with my HulkBuster suit, try to get together some avengers, maybe you wanna join ?
    Haps, I hope to see you and your family there as well :) I too will be entering the contest. I am entering at the Master level, what level will you join as ? Assuming they let me in !

4. Igniitus

Igniitus Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll be there as Superior and Amazing Spiderman (Comic not Movie)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5. Horrorfanatic66

Horrorfanatic66 New Member

I am from the UK, and when people talk about SDCC, NYCC is the dream con to go to, how does the ticket system work with NYCC?

6. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

NYCC tickets can be bought through its website, which was a nightmare (crashed constantly). Also, certain comic book dealers sell a limited numbers, and attendees of NYCC: Special Edition also are given the chance to buy tickets there at the show. Of course, there's always ebay and stubhub as well. Lots of scalpers get them before fans do.

It's a fun show.

7. jackoshadow

jackoshadow New Member

Sounds great! Maybe I'll park myself by the Marvel booth and bellow, "Avengers Assemble" and see how many Marvel cosplayers I can reel in!

8. BumblebeeRecycd

BumblebeeRecycd Active Member

Not really much of a plan that way. Kind of hard to move around with swarms of people following me. I like to lay things out more :)

9. Starbuck Cospla

Starbuck Cospla New Member

I will be there fri-sun. Friday as a Stark Girl, Saturday Peggy!Cap and Sunday possibly Hannibal or Dana Scully. I'll be with my podcast cohost and a good friend of ours and all three of us will be Stark Girls Friday. Hope to see people there!

10. hapslappy

hapslappy Member

Technically The Thing was an avenger for a little while....so maybe I can sneak in with ya.

George likes this.
  11. brutuswayne

brutuswayne Active Member

I'll be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Friday I'll be genderbent Silk (newer Marvel character in anyone's unfamiliar), AoU Cap on Saturday, and SSR Uniform Steve Rogers on Sunday.

12. hapslappy

hapslappy Member

We are getting together a group to go to times square and have fun with the tourist after the show on either Friday or Saturday night. If you have any interest let us know.

13. indianaskywalker

indianaskywalker Well-Known Member

Anyone need a kids pass for Sunday. I have an extra. PM me.

14. CharlesHouse

CharlesHouse Active Member

I think my girlfriend and I will be attending. The plan is Jack and Alicia Saturday and something else Sunday.

tumblr_nvguxrHzZ11rr7fswo1_540.jpg

15. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Events/NYCCLive/

for those who couldn't get tickets due to the cluster buckle that the ticket sales have become.

is it just me, or are there really no more interesting panels at this event? you might have one or two big ones spread out over the course of three days... but last year I only went thursday to check out the tmnt one. and even that one I couldn't get to the front rows because they didn't clear out the room and the first 10-15 rows where taken already.

I don't know.. but I feel like it's gotten worse since reed pop took over, and more boring.

oh well, if they continue to live stream it each year, I'll never have to bother with it again.

16. steyin

steyin Active Member

I'll be there tomorrow as Times Square Cap haha, my gf will be Agent Carter.

IMG_2430_s.jpg

17. Tony Stark III

Tony Stark III Well-Known Member

ill be there around 12 mostly in the front areas..... any Avengers who wanna take pics, find me. :)
    ironman.jpg

George likes this.
  18. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

did anyone happen to save the john rhyes davies interview and the justice league reunion panel? only other two things I wanted to check out on the li ve stream and forgot about them totally!

seems like a pretty lack luster con this year as far as panels of interest and guests goes....If I had tickets, I'd probably be selling off everything but thursdays.
    Wish reed pop would kill off that pointless new york super week thing and just focus on making NYCC good.

19. Probe Droid

It all depends on where your interests lie. I attend to see the cool stuff on the show floor and shoot pictures of same cool stuff, cosplayers, etc, and there's no lack of both. Panels and celebrities don't appeal to me at all. To me, that's stuff's boring.

Eye of the beholder, brother.

MooCriket and KrangPrime like this.
  20. Tony Stark III

took the words out my mouth, I could care less about panels and celebs. Im all about people's suits and comics and original art.

21. Probe Droid

Tony, is this you, dude?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Agreed. I had a great time on Friday with my son. This was his first con, and I don't think I saw him stop smiling once.

Tony Stark III likes this.
  23. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

for me, I don't care about the comic side of it.......comics today, at least with the big two, have gotten so convoluted that it's hard to care about them anymore.

I'm more interested in the entertainment and guest side of it.

24. Probe Droid

There's something for everybody at these shows, so to each their own.

The only celebs I saw were Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi but that was because they were signing in the lot in front of Javits

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. chuck2003

chuck2003 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

12122470_10153822737649155_670642022973002499_n.jpg
    I was Marty sat and sun.

26. Tony Stark III

Nah, I seen his hip pod fall off outside on the sidewalk tho :)

here's a few of my pics.
    -4.jpg -5.jpg -6.jpg
    12105882_10154296412887738_1926481494653555026_n.jpg 12105693_10154296413022738_4759157646991631428_n.jpg 12096085_10154296412882738_5113856907851350935_n.jpg 12074824_10154296413267738_4296808815718495069_n.jpg 11222623_10154296413762738_5116511899634470307_n.jpg 11148386_10154296414187738_5279018964086449581_n.jpg 11081128_10154296425512738_4874450567924445948_n.jpg 12108962_10154296450027738_2931574453762980347_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

losing battle man, youre on a cosplay site talking about an event where 90 % of the people either dress up or take pics of the ones dressed up. I don't know what tp telly a man.

27. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

not quite sure how to decipher that one. how does not liking the comics side of the event mean that I don't care about the costume side?
    I must have missed something here...

oh well. hope people had fun. I for one, am glad I didn't go. it's way to b ig to be fun for me.... hoping Atlantic City Boardwalk con will be just as good this year.

28. Tony Stark III

now im confused. Youre complaining about NYCC which you didnt attend, to go to something in AC?? and you think there will be more celebs and movie stuff?

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 11.56.04 PM.png

for the record there was tons of people from Walking Dead, Seth green, Drea Dematteo, Orlando Jones, I met DMC ( from RUN DMC ) by accident... the chick from Game of Thrones, Natalie whats her face....

29. DVDVampire

DVDVampire Well-Known Member

I thought the following were pretty interesting
    - Comicbook Men (aka the Kevin Smith panel)
    - Rebels (w/SMG)
    - Firefly Reunion (highlight for me)
    - Last Witch Hunter (didn't know Diesel was a huge nerd)
    - CW Supergirl and Lucifer Ep I screening. Lucifer stole the show.
    - Daredevil panel
    - Jessica Jones panel

I did notice that the main stage had anywhere from 2-3 rows in both the center sections reserved for press, certain pros, friends of friends, folks with special cards, etc. I think Daredevil was the worst one because those sections filled up immediately and the people that were suppose to sit there had to go elsewhere. I was also amazed at the number of Non Ultimate Access folks in the UA panel line or just seeing people already seated in front row when they allowed UA ticket holders to enter the main stage first.

I also heard that security botched issuing the DD/JJ panel wristbands by giving them to the overflow people first.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  30. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

I don't care for the wristband for panel lines thing. it seems stupid ot have to wait in line just to wait in line...

forgot about the rebels panel. Iwish they streamed that one.

31. Probe Droid

Agreed. That is a pain in the butt. Nobody likes it, but I guess it works (???). It''s biggest reason I lost interest in panels. Just too much time involved. If you paid to get in everything should be accessible to you IMO. Eh, still a fun show. Nothing's perfect.

Pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More here.

Attached Files:

Tony Stark III and Falk like this.
  32. CharlesHouse

It think it actually saves time; the idea is that, if you get a wristband, you know there is room for you, as opposed to waiting in a line all day that may get cut before you can enter.

That said, I didn't wait in line for a wristband. We got it early enough that all we had to do was ask someone for it.

33. DVDVampire

DVDVampire Well-Known Member

Wristbands, God Passes, Friends Passes....whatever the case may be, they need to figure out a way to control the masses. As soon as they opened the flood gates to the Main Hall, people run, shove, and push their way in there. It's like some of these people never developed actual social skills or don't simply understand how to function in a public setting.

I actually got hit in the head by some ******* running to the mic once the Q&A portion was announced during the DD panel.

34. CharlesHouse

The only purpose for the wristbands that I can see is accounting for availability. If you give our wristbands prior to the event, you know when the line is beyond available space in the hall.

I've been to a lot of bigger conventions, and expected NYCC to be ridiculous. It was definitely crowded, but I've waited in much longer lines at smaller conventions (looking at Otakon and Katsucon, where others waited 5-8 hours to get into the door, or in panels). I was surprised by how well it moved. There will always be basement dwelling douchelords who have no social skills or awareness of the space their take. The biggest issues I saw in behavior were using phones while in crowds, meaning they weren't looking or walking as quick as the person in front of their path, and large backpacks.

35. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

whoa, whoa whoa...

is someone actually selling a bttf time circuit display soon, or was that just for display?

and re wristbands. I guess I can see that it helps with over flow.....but still.....it's way too much waiting in line and disappointment.
    much more fun to watch the stream at home...

36. Probe Droid

I believe these are prototypes listed for future availability from EFX Collectibles, Inc. The booth had a lot of cool stuff.

37. KrangPrime

KrangPrime Master Member

isn't efx the company that never releases anything? lol

Halliwax likes this.