Nur-Ab-Sal Necklace – Indy FoA

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Krest

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Today I 3D-printed the Nur-Ab-Sal Necklace from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Game.

The file is from Thingiverse and though it's not "screen accurate" It's still a nice file.

It's printed in Colorfabb's CopperFill filament which contains copper paricles and can be buffed and oxidizes.

Here's the print after some smoothing with a soft brass wire brush:

IMG_7248.jpg
IMG_7249.jpg

And here it is after one hour covered with a wet paper towel soaked in a vinegar and salt solution:

IMG_7250.jpg

I'll leave it over night and will show you the result tomorrow.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Krest

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's cool.
Personally I would have sanded off the print lines.
Yeah. I should have, but I was so excited testing the oxidizing that I skimped on that part... well, anyways here's the final result.

IMG_7256.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

It will probably keep oxidizing for a and change over time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.