Nuka Dark Rum

Just my two cents here, but it looks like another fail from Bethesda's merch department with this Nuka Dark Rum. So far, the only thing people aren't complaining about is the Pipboy 2000 kits.

I'm kinda worried about the Plasma Rifle and Pistol I pre ordered now. What's gonna be the next surprise/ bait-n-switch...…….

Well, for the plasma rifle, I'm expecting something I'm going to break down and mod from the ground up -- I just feel it's a better base and use of my time than scratch-building or 3D-printing.

Just my two cents here, but it looks like another fail from Bethesda's merch department with this Nuka Dark Rum. So far, the only thing people aren't complaining about is the Pipboy 2000 kits.

I'm kinda worried about the Plasma Rifle and Pistol I pre ordered now. What's gonna be the next surprise/ bait-n-switch...…….

Well, this is technically on Silver Screen Bottling (who I believe is a sister company of Chronicle Collectibles) as they handle the product dev and such with other licenses as well (Star Trek, The Walking Dead and now Predator). I'm guessing Bethesda just signed off and took a cut of the cash.

As far as the discussion about getting the bottles removed. I easily removed my bottle from the plastic case after seeing how the internal mechanism works. There was very little adhesive, it's mainly a few plastic clips/latches that hold the bottle in place. I squeezed the bottle at the top to unlatch the first one on one side and used a soft plastic ID card I had to push the rest open and got the glass bottle out and it resealed easily with no damage.

I'm guessing Bethesda just signed off and took a cut of the cash.

Nope, you are wrong there sir.

This is all on Bethesda, not the company who made the product. Silver Bottling didn't falsely advertise, Bethesda did. They have, from the very beginning of the 76 reveal, been the total opposite of transparent. In EVERY aspect.

If I'm not mistaken, Silver Bottling wasn't the original company they were going with on these, either. I *believe* this was advertised before anybody was even producing them.

To put in into perspective, it's like you're saying the West Tek nylon bags are the fault of the bag makers, when it was in reality Bethesda who advertised a canvas bag. Nobody was threatening to sue the bag makers, they were gonna sue Bethesda.

Nope, you are wrong there sir.

This is all on Bethesda, not the company who made the product. Silver Bottling didn't falsely advertise, Bethesda did. They have, from the very beginning of the 76 reveal, been the total opposite of transparent. In EVERY aspect.

If I'm not mistaken, Silver Bottling wasn't the original company they were going with on these, either. I *believe* this was advertised before anybody was even producing them.

To put in into perspective, it's like you're saying the West Tek nylon bags are the fault of the bag makers, when it was in reality Bethesda who advertised a canvas bag. Nobody was threatening to sue the bag makers, they were gonna sue Bethesda.

Bethesda was the retailer, not the bag makers in that case. This is a licensed item, not a direct release. It's different.

There was also a video of the final product bottling released prior to shipments as well which showed exactly what we were getting.

All in all, some people are happy, some aren't. That's always the case with these things.

......….There was also a video of the final product bottling released prior to shipments as well which showed exactly what we were getting....

Well, yeah, but how long after pre orders begun? When these were FIRST introduced/advertised/pre-sold they were made to look like something ENTIRELY different.

Look dude, you can make all the excuses for them you want. If you're happy with the product, great. I'm truly happy for you. But many of us were given a false idea of what we were getting (sound familiar?) and found out much later in the video you mentioned that it was something different.

That is a fail, just as I mentioned above. I stick by that statement, and many who were not happy with the product agree.

So first attempt at the glass bottles. This are base bottles that would need to have fins and embossing added. The left is the blown glass bottle - the right is a 3D printed one. The glass blower got the width too skinny. I'll need to back track on what happened. You can see the potential to get the main shape of the bottle. I'll use the prototype to try the fins and the embossing. It should be easier to get a Quantum bottle versus a Nuka Cola or Nuka Grape due to the embossing.

i-mvFFP9j-L.jpg

The design on the right is my interpretation of the game bottles. There are many like it but this is mine. :) I mention this because there is a potentially cheaper option to glass bottles if we consider an alternate design. It looks something like this - which is from the Fallout 4 fan art book. The base bottle for the alternate design is on the right. Its cheaper because they're only adding the "bottle cap" bottle top to it. The first bottle is hand blown - the second starts from an existing bottle with the bottle top added. The difference is twice the cost or more.

i-ZdCrbFv-M.jpg
i-FvSmcmb-M.jpg

I'd appreciate some feedback, in-game or fan art design?

To me the most distinctive feature, besides the fins, is the how the bottle is fat around the middle. Your later picture is still far better than that Jones Cola bottle everyone was raving about, and it was a just a straight bottle with a label swap.

Since these are hand-blown, how much variation is there between bottles? I expect it can be quite a bit. Enough that a precision 3D printed set of fins may not do the job.

I'm guessing that there will be variation so fins will either have to be handcut or cut with a water jet and ground to fit. I'm not planning to 3d print but instead make them out of glass. That's the next stop - talking with a flamework studio that does borosilica glass work.

Those both look good! I lean towards the second only because it's a little fatter in the middle as mentioned already.

Either way, it's exciting to see it in actual glass.

Necro'ing this thread to update based on the Amazon series. I was pleased to see the nuka cola bottle props. It was interesting to see that the went with the square fins and the short bottles. I'm guessing they're physical props and are resin cast. Tough to tell from the screen grab but I thought I could see parting lines on the video.

1713368786872.png

Nothing new on the glass bottles. I had classes lined up for scientific glass blowing but the world hit the pause button and I've not revisited the project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back