NuGalactica cashy money

jheilman

Sr Member
Actually can't remember if I posted these. Probably not. Anyway, short history. I built replicas of the paper money from Galactica based on the best references available about 13 years ago. Then, the BSG auctions began. I was contacted by a fellow RPF member who had won several original bills. He offered to ship me the bills to perfect my replicas. I still remember the call. I was walking through my local Meijer at the time and was floored to hear what he was proposing. So, over the next few weeks, he sent me a single bill (heavily insured), I would study it and make a high-res scan and send it back (also heavily insured). A few weeks later I had seen all three bills and was reworking my files to be as accurate as possible. I posted on the RPF my comparison pics of replica vs. real deal and they were almost exact. The only difference was the paper. The production had used a run of paper with metallic inclusions that we just could not locate.

Anyway, I starting selling bills and they were a hit back in 2009. Even partnered with another RPFer to offer a poker set of paper cash with his metal cubits. Then I started selling on etsy. Soon after, I received a C&D from NBC and haven't sold any for a decade. So... I thought the files weren't doing me any good, so I'll upload them. I know hi-res scans of real bills are easily available now, but there's an advantage to printing pristine bills and hand weathering them IMHO. Anyway, here are the files. 100_front.jpg
100_back.jpg500_front.jpg500_back.jpg1000 Front.jpg1000_back.jpg

jheilman Very generous of you to post these--superior work! What percentage do you print these at? Which paper stock did you use when selling them? Thanks!

I always intended to grab that box of 100 cubits but kept forgetting. Do you remember who the other member was? Maybe he can still do a run?

I bought a few sets of your cubits and they were top notch. I gave a couple as Xmas gifts and they were well received.

Thanks for sharing these!

Thanks Bear. The cityscape was the biggest challenge in recreating these. I'd love to know how the art department created it. A 3D model or just built it as I did, piece by piece?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back