Novus 2

Darth Domain

Ok, so my rubies helmet has had numerous coats of clear laquer sat for a long time and had a light sanding. I'm now polishing with novus two but still can't quite get that desireed shine/mirror finish. Any tips?

Sand down the helmet clean with novus 1, fallowed up with novus 2 polish, till it felt like my arm was going to fall off.
Then end it with Novus 3 till your arm is good and raw lol wait for a few hours or a day as long as you want to wait it's up to you, then i used meguiars gold class liquid car wax or any car wax for that matter you don't have to use what i used

and this is what it looks like for me
test3smaller.jpg

hope that helps

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Mar 4 2006, 04:17 PM
Cheers guys :thumbsup
[snapback]1198770[/snapback]​

Oh yeah i forgot say sand it with around 800 girt to 1500 girt i used 1500 to be safe, Or you can use 800 the go 1500,make sure your gloss coat is even tho or else some spots will be mirror finish while others will look a little crapy but no one will see unless the get super close to it so over all you will be fine.
Sorry i forgot that part :(

OK, call me slow here... I've never had to do this sort of thing but I have what's probably a really stupid question.

I paint, then clear coat then actually sand the crap out of the clear coat? Doesn't that just make it all dull and ruin it? How does it get shiny then if I add polish on top of that?

I'm so confused....

Originally posted by WebChief@Mar 8 2006, 01:31 PM
OK, call me slow here... I've never had to do this sort of thing but I have what's probably a really stupid question.

I paint, then clear coat then actually sand the crap out of the clear coat?  Doesn't that just make it all dull and ruin it?  How does it get shiny then if I add polish on top of that?

I'm so confused....
[snapback]1201668[/snapback]​

Painting... even in perfect conditions will result in a surface with minute imperfections and very slight "ripples" or orange peel effect that you can only get rid of by sanding the clearcoat and then polishing. By using the very fine grits as noted here you will even out all those ripples and remove any imperfections. After that, polishing will return the finish to a water clear appearance.

Originally posted by SurferGeek+Mar 8 2006, 11:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Mar 8 2006, 11:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-WebChief
@Mar 8 2006, 01:31 PM

I paint, then clear coat then actually sand the crap out of the clear coat?  Doesn't that just make it all dull and ruin it?  How does it get shiny then if I add polish on top of that?

I'm so confused....
[snapback]1201668[/snapback]​

Painting... even in perfect conditions will result in a surface with minute imperfections and very slight "ripples" or orange peel effect that you can only get rid of by sanding the clearcoat and then polishing. By using the very fine grits as noted here you will even out all those ripples and remove any imperfections. After that, polishing will return the finish to a water clear appearance.
[snapback]1201786[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yep, it is actually working now, i will be posting pics of my completed rubies soon.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back