NOT A NORMAL IRONMAN COSPLAY (mcm london 2017

timetotom

Hi there folks ...long time lurker here posting my first thread for my cosplay I want to do for mcm London this October (2017). As I said in the title its not gonna be a standard ironman cosplay I'm going for the Tony with a glove look ,however its gonna be brought to life from my own art style which is rather cartoony. I'm not 100% on all the details of the build atm ...i know the rough route I want to go down and will explain in the next post when I have started building. Will be getting the first bout of supplies tomorrow (fingers crossed) in the meantime though I would love to hear your ideas on how to realise the design which I should hopefully have posted below :)
tony stark cosplay design buildables1.jpg
Thanks for reading folks :)

Hi guys as predicted I got the foam and a few other bits of hardware ...but as with all things I guess, not everything has gone to plan I am now not doing puppeteerable fingers but am instead doing a CO2 pressure stream (?) but that's to come later ....this is my progress so far
WIN_20170806_21_27_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170806_21_27_13_Pro.jpg
glove no light 2.jpg
Tomorrow I'm going to spray the whole thing black and then start applying chrome coloured cards in the patterns and panels from my original post in the design page ... fingers crossed it should all go to plan

Cheers folks

Okay so today I've painted the whole thing black and cut 90% of the coloured panels ... however after doing some tests last night I found the most reliable way to stick the panels to the foam is by first applying a layer of pva ,allowing that to dry overnight and then gluing the panel down and taping the edges with masking tape ,which does make for and awkward job but a more reliable finish . So I've given the whole glove a layer of pva and letting that now dry over night ....hopefully I can get the panels glued on tomorrow and have another update .... until then
Cheers folks
WIN_20170807_21_06_27_Pro.jpgWIN_20170807_21_06_35_Pro.jpg

I have but unfortunately i havent gotten around to taking any pictures ill do some tonight i have all the colour panels on and am waiting for my el wire in the post to start my arc reactor and finish the front circle of the glove .... i see you want to have at your own design of mine but with a retracting face mask ? nice idea ...id like to see how it pans out ... im currently only going to do the hud as im in a rush for london comiccon .

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back