Ninja Gaiden 3- Ryu Hayabusa armor

Would it be possible for you to do the whole "Ninja Gaiden 3-Ryu" armor set? chest and everything? and how much would that be?

I'm asking because im building a game/theater room in one of the rooms of the house and i want wearable and displayable video game costumes... im doing displayable mannequins such as Death from "Darksiders 2", Alex Mercer from "Prototype 2", and would love to have a Ryu as my 3rd statue and your armor work is amazing and ill do all of the fabric and everything PM me if youre willing to take about a project like this

Thanks guys. Still working out the kinks on this thing. Here is the Bow Shield. Not 100% happy with it since I am making myself learn my airbrush. Use to spray cans and brushes... but the airbrush is a good tool. Shell was vacuum formed and got some of the texture, but not all. Airbrush did the rest. I still am thinking of dirtying it up more, but I need to practice more with my airbrush before I do it again. I actually have two of these cast offs with slight defect like webbing laying around now so I can practice or sell.

IMG_8891_zpsa1451f7c.jpg

IMG_8889_zps2b1e7d91.jpg

Bow shield two got more texture from the form, but also got a webbing problem.

IMG_8883_zpsbf7a8548.jpg

IMG_8890_zpscd284e27.jpg

Here is an update on the head piece sculpt.

I need to clean it up, carve in characters and then add a little damage before casting. It's the only piece being cast in a mold. The shield is formed over shapes. The rest of the stuff you saw was hand carved to the persons size. I wish I had the funds to cast them all. That and casting the shin guards and vambracers is hard to do. I need to look into doing it, but for now I am ok with making to fit.

Last edited:
So stayed up late to finish this. Still needs clean up and a couple minor fixes, then mold time. Best approximation to the pattern on head piece after referencing 9 pictures that are not 100% clear if barely even 30% clear. But some of the pattern seems new with a few older version designs incorporated. Best I can do with it.

IMG_8909_zpscc31ce55.jpg

IMG_8913_zps0536c89c.jpg

IMG_8915_zps43fdb5ab.jpg

IMG_8917_zps09c8f866.jpg

IMG_8918_zps5fdcc817.jpg

IMG_8923_zps26741a17.jpg

Sorry I haven't responded in a bit. Been working out issues with the head mold. Had to redo it and get the materials I want for the pour. Thanks again for the compliments! =)

Great work so far brah I couldn't sculpt ta save my life nice skillset /w/ th' plastic I loved this game from way back gotta get th' 360 game Lol. Keep up th good work :p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Hey the guy who is making this costume can I PLZ plz plz have it once your done because I am a big fan of ryu hayabusa and my birthday is this Saturday on the 13th of April I'm not lieing I sware so I am turning 11 I don't care if it does not fit me I'll just grow into it so can I PLZ plz plz have the costume I'm not lieing I don't care if its late as in not in time for my brithday I just really really really need this costume plz plz plz! Or armor sorry anyways plz plz plz plz

Hey the guy who is making this costume can I PLZ plz plz have it once your done because I am a big fan of ryu hayabusa and my birthday is this Saturday on the 13th of April I'm not lieing I sware so I am turning 11 I don't care if it does not fit me I'll just grow into it so can I PLZ plz plz have the costume I'm not lieing I don't care if its late as in not in time for my brithday I just really really really need this costume plz plz plz! Or armor sorry anyways plz plz plz plz

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but nobody gives their costumes away, especially when they spend so much time and effort I'm making it. The event of you being given this costume is incredibly unlikely.

Wow, looks like a fun sculpt! You've got that bulging forehead down like you see on the 3D model. Looking forward to seeing the first pull!

Sorry I haven't posted in months. I've had some life events that I had to take care of first. I also had to redo the mold since I didn't leave any proper venting. Still getting use to mold making. I hope to have some pics up within the next week if things go right.

Definitely sick!!!! look forward to more when you got time to life events can be problematic great job so far keep it up.:popcorn

So I mentioned having something for you.. well the new Mold looks like it worked...Just needs buffing for a metallic finish... and

wait why...

so apparently I have an air pocket I have to work out. Otherwise.. resin will not go there. So I will try and fix this air pocket and do one last pour.. if I have enough supplies.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back