Nike releasing Marty McFly Bruins on 10/21

I managed to get a pair, but I have a small size that doesn't fit, so they will be staying mint. Will be displaying with the Mags when I get my place sorted. How you displaying yours?
I think I'm going to keep them clean! Will be looking to get some mags to go with them in the future:)

Hey everyone. Not sure if any of you have seen this or not but I was browsing around for some bruins to see what was available and I found a website called shop.happinessoutlet.shoes and they are selling some knockoff bruins for fairly cheap (about 58$ US) I don't know if it is legit or not but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone has any experience with these?

Hey everyone. Not sure if any of you have seen this or not but I was browsing around for some bruins to see what was available and I found a website called shop.happinessoutlet.shoes and they are selling some knockoff bruins for fairly cheap (about 58$ US) I don't know if it is legit or not but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone has any experience with these?

https://shop.happinessoutlet.shoes/products/nike-lab-bruin-leather-rainie-back-to-the-future

You can just select Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand as your shipping address.

I was tempted to get the cheap blue and white bruins that are new and similar to this release model, just lower grade materials so I can paint it

https://shop.happinessoutlet.shoes/products/nike-lab-bruin-leather-rainie-back-to-the-future

You can just select Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand as your shipping address.
There is the same replica on Taobao for around $40 but I couldn't find a seller with better feedback with the same price from my quick search. I'll keep an eye out Click here to check out that seller.

There is another one with a similar replica but is selling them for over $100 right here. This seller has more feedback, can tell by the diamonds. I also believe it isn't the same replica in the other link, it doesn't have the texture in the rubber near the toe, if you understand what I mean.

noWpIN6.jpg

hHGQQvc.jpg

bit sloppy but you get what I mean

Didn't Nike release the same leather "McFly" style Bruin earlier this year with blue, grey, and white swoosh? I remember seeing some on Nikecom on clearance for around $70.

Also, Nike apparently has released other leather style Bruins.

Last edited:
Didn't Nike release the same leather "McFly" style Bruin earlier this year with blue, grey, and white swoosh? I remember seeing some on Nikecom on clearance for around $70.

Also, Nike apparently has released other leather style Bruins.
Before interest came back with the 2015 re-release of the premium Bruins in the same color scheme as the movie pair, they were releasing really lousy Bruins that weren't the same exact design as the re-release or the vintage pairs. It's why most people that wanted a costume version opted for the Tennis court lows and painted them in the colorway of the movie Bruins. They also had some artificial suede variants that were not any good for modifying. Now they've brought it back and it's a lot closer to the shoe everyone actually wanted...

I met a BTTF1 Marty costumer at a recent convention that had the Court Lows. It looks pretty darn close. The vast majority of people would never know.

I met a BTTF1 Marty costumer at a recent convention that had the Court Lows. It looks pretty darn close. The vast majority of people would never know.

The majority of people wouldn't even know if you would be wearing any red and white sneakers. :lol

Before interest came back with the 2015 re-release of the premium Bruins in the same color scheme as the movie pair, they were releasing really lousy Bruins that weren't the same exact design as the re-release or the vintage pairs. It's why most people that wanted a costume version opted for the Tennis court lows and painted them in the colorway of the movie Bruins. They also had some artificial suede variants that were not any good for modifying. Now they've brought it back and it's a lot closer to the shoe everyone actually wanted...
Yeah I know. Those suede ones would be the dreaded SkateBoarding Bruins. They've been around for the last decade.

The original Bruin release in the late 70s had the fat swoosh. Then came the ones a lot of us wish we had a pair (in good condition) no longer with the fat swoosh. Then those were re-released in the 90s. Only two differences to the 80s release; sole style and sole attachment. (This sole style stuck for all future releases except the "McFly" style.) Then the Bruins were re-re-released in suede and have stuck around since. Then some leather ones around 2010 that were in the style of the original fat swoosh Bruins. Then around 2011, exactly like the 2010 style in leather albeit with a thin swoosh. (I think the 2010/2011 releases were not available in America.) And finally the McFly's in 2015. I gotta say Nike did a really good job with this re-re-re-release in staying accurate to the 80s Bruins.

As I had said, the McFly style Bruin, which is superior to all other Bruin releases so far (exception being 70s/80s), was re-re-re-re-released earlier this year. You won't find them in red as the red ones were a collector's shoe. But white is not so bad. And Nike DID have some on clearance. Not sure if they still do.

As I had said, the McFly style Bruin, which is superior to all other Bruin releases so far (exception being 70s/80s), was re-re-re-re-released earlier this year. You won't find them in red as the red ones were a collector's shoe. But white is not so bad. And Nike DID have some on clearance. Not sure if they still do.
Yeah. They had a few leather versions that were worth purchasing but they were really swept under the rug, poor sales possibly. They were on ebay for a short time but not in many good sizes, also the leather panel on the back was not correct to the McFly Bruin. They made a lot more now in a similar style to the 2015 release but of course the quality isn't the same but at least they are cheap

For anyone interested I bought some of the 2015 McFly Bruins off eBay and love them but they are in a box as I didn't want to wear them so instead I NikeID some Blazers and they look more like the original bruins with 'Nike' on heel and on the tongue but pretty happy with them and only paid about £70 I think it was.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back