Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a quick question for someone that may be more experienced than me. Should a trust a seller that is selling air mag v2s for 130 dollars because "some shoes may not bright LED lights" and that is exactly what the seller said, not my bad grammar. I am not sure if this means the LEDs arent very good or they don't work at all but I am getting wary because it has been said on this thread that you shouldn't be able to get v2s for less than 200 dollars. Here is the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EMS-...-the-dark-back-to-the-future/32508112260.html. Also, I would like to note that I will replace LEDs with el sheet, but I just want to make sure it isn't a wiring issue because I have seen what people have to do to fix the wiring problem which is basically taking off the bottom of the shoe which seems hard and excessive. Thank you and have a good night.

These will be defective LEDs.
So either part working or not working.

Modify a pair and let us know the results, how long it takes, and how much you would charge to do another.

Thanks

The Sports version look better than the HC shoes except for the vinyl material the collar is made from. If the shoe was all the same material, they might be OK. They are not tall enough but the shape is okay.
But not worth the price. .. i dont like that vynil either

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hi cavx, hey i can't seem to be able to open that the attached thumbnails from your post i click on it and nothing, would you be kind enough to email it to me if it's cool with you?

The sports version are like a mix of the v2 and hc.
The soles and heel are same as hc
Version.
The bottom half of uppers however is identical to v2, same stitching same material.
The top half is vinyl soft floppy.
Also way too short.

Having had the sports in hand, after being lied to on Ali, I can assure you, upper or not, they are CRAP and the hc's are better.

Is there an opinion on the ones from halloweencostumes.com?

Yeah don't buy them :p

Seriously, they are not the most accurate replica MAG out there, so if you want a good base shoe to mods, buy the V2s. The HCs are too short.

On the other hand, if you want 100% screen (from the Pepsi-Perfect and Hover Board commercials) accurate shoes, buy the HCs and don't mod them.

Is there an opinion on the ones from halloweencostumes.com?
They can look good after modding...this is my pair uploadfromtaptalk1445959729467.jpg
Honestly if your scared about modding..and dont want to put $250 shoes on the line.. then id say the HC mags are a cheap way to mod a pair, so you can get experience..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm game as well....even though I'm %99 sure we won't get what they're showing. But we should definitely wait until they have them in hand. Let's give them their "two weeks" they've asked for, if not we're just donating. Have we checked any reviews online? They've had to of reeled in quite a few people already with that beautiful bait they posted.

They can look good after modding...this is my pair View attachment 546742
Honestly if your scared about modding..and dont want to put $250 shoes on the line.. then id say the HC mags are a cheap way to mod a pair, so you can get experience.

I agree. If you're new to modding, the HC Mags make a good practice set. I modded a pair earlier in the year. I just got my second set of V2's, as I have finally worked up the nerve to fully mod a pair of those. Below is my set of modded HC's. The V2's I plan to outfit with the sole EL's, new LEDs and a new EL logo strap.

11128690_372205182988393_6974128111338572357_o.jpg

hey guys I am super new to all of this when it comes to Mags.. Are the V2s from the Japan site? Also when you guys say you are pitching in to buy Mags whats the deal with that because Id be up for working together with people. I just really want to get a pair and start the project.

Can someone tell me what color EL light to use for the straps? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a straight answer. Is it white or aqua? Or can you use either?

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone tell me what color EL light to use for the straps? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a straight answer. Is it white or aqua? Or can you use either?

Miami1984: If I am not mistaken it should be aqua.

Hi guys, Ping from Singapore here. I am new to RPF and am really excited to be modding my own mag. This forum has been a great resource for my built special thanks for those who made so much effort in refining the process and giving the details for them. So do feel that I should chip in in the way I can.

I went ahead with the 3.7v Li-ion battery build and wanted an more elegant solution of fitting all the electronics in on the heel cup. Instead of buying the version from cloneprops, I tried vacuum forming the heel cups that came with the V2s I got. Overall it worked really well and I manage to fit all the eletronics in the cup.

IMG_3436.JPGIMG_3428.JPGIMG_3421.JPG

Another thing that I discovered that might be useful, instead of using the hairdryer to separate the soles, I used a chemical solvent for acrylic. Basically it is used for bonding acrylic by melting them. I am assuming that what was used to glue the shoes is some kind of rubber cement that with the right solvent will be dissolved but the fabric and sole will remain unaffected. I manage disassembled the whole sole in a hour so I think thats quite an effective method to adopt.

Pardon me if I am reposting a solution that has already been mentioned and for the incorrect image orientation.

I used a chemical solvent for acrylic. Basically it is used for bonding acrylic by melting them. I am assuming that what was used to glue the shoes is some kind of rubber cement that with the right solvent will be dissolved but the fabric and sole will remain unaffected. I manage disassembled the whole sole in a hour so I think thats quite an effective method to adopt.

Interesting! What is the solvent called?

Hey Dminor, I am not exactly sure whats the name for the one I got its just a unlabel bottle i got from the art store. The formula might vary but as a solvent it probably should still work. Another solvent that I might suggest is using acetone but I have not personally tried it out and cannot vouch for the effectiveness or if they are safe for your shoes but I am assuming they work the same way and it is probably more readily available. They are found in nail polish remover or also the chemical form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back