Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help greeky04 appreciated :)

no worries mate. Most people start out with the toebox mod. You can either cut the toebox area and stretch it and glue back in place or an easier way but not as good, is to run an iron over the toebox on the steam setting, shove a sock down the toe area so you minimize wrinkles. Or a combination of both is the best way to do it an thats how jedifyfe does it

Broken Mags here

I wanted to ask anyone to share their thoughts on my current situation with my v2 rep air mags. The right light panel of red yellow green will not light. It worked for a few minutes and then went out. Everything else is working great.

is this something I can fix? Could I perhaps pay someone to fix it? If so, who?

anyone I can pm?

thank you.

Broken Mags here

I wanted to ask anyone to share their thoughts on my current situation with my v2 rep air mags. The right light panel of red yellow green will not light. It worked for a few minutes and then went out. Everything else is working great.

is this something I can fix? Could I perhaps pay someone to fix it? If so, who?

anyone I can pm?

thank you.

To be honest the electrics that come in the shoe are pretty crappy. It sounds to me like a loose or broken connection to the LED board if everything else is working correctly.

This is a pretty easy fix if that is what the problem is. Jedifyfe has some tutorials on YouTube on how to access the LED board, search out his name on YouTube and see if this is something you would be capable of doing yourself.

Paying for someone to fix the problem maybe quite expensive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

has anybody got a pair of UK size 7.5/ US 8? I got a pair of UK 8.5 and they seem a touch big. I know they run big and im usually a 9 hence the 8.5. Thing is do you think it'll be wise to go down further still to a uk7.5? currently my big toe is about an inch back from the front tip of the shoe. But is snug all round the sides. Advice would be great if anyone has these?

Have you done the toe mod yet? You may lose some space in the shoe after the toe mod.

I have a pair of US8s (with a toe mod) and they appear to be the same size (length) as the MP MAG which was supposed to US9.

Have you done the toe mod yet? You may lose some space in the shoe after the toe mod.

I have a pair of US8s (with a toe mod) and they appear to be the same size (length) as the MP MAG which was supposed to US9.

^^This. You can drop some size by doing the toe mod for sure.

^^This. You can drop some size by doing the toe mod for sure.

Yeah. My wear pair is 9.5 and initially they were slightly big, so I packed them out adding a new high arc sock liner. Now the toe is flattened, they are snug. I should probably pull out the original sock liner and see if that gives me a bit of space back.

na didnt do the toe mod. probably not going to either. Done the flat laces thing, look great. Cheers for the advice, prob be best to stay with the UK8.5 then. Good thing Karin hasn't shipped them yet.
One day i might grow the b**ls to do the toe mod. Maybe im just thinking to much about it....

Cheers guys

How much better does the ankle bubble look with the correct LEDs...AMAZING..such a difference. Just gotta frost it up

Small sizes are easy. Just shove a sock inside to keep the shape and let the steaming begin. Larger sizes a bit more tricky so they don't bulge.

Is there a video tutorial on the steam method? be nice to see it being done.

I dont believe any has done a video tutorial on the steam method.
The way I did mine was I got a sock then put it down in the toe area snugly then got a handkerchief and placed It over the toe area then put the iron on steam setting and run a couple passes over the area and press down with your palm. Make sure you keep checking with every few passes. Hope that helps

Holy ****** that's big writing! think ill give it a go this weekend. I know that its harder on bigger sizes but at what size does it begin to be more difficult to get a good result?

Yea sorry bout that. Normally my writing shows up small so I was playing around with the sizing. I believe size 9.5 starts to get slight wrinkles

Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Jedilyfe I am dying to talk to you about my Mags. Can you check your PM's. I do not want to bother you so when you have time. Let me know. Thank you sir.

Hi hi guys, after figuring out that my LEDs weren't getting enough power I charged the batteries up to full capacity and tried again. But still with no luck. All the LEDs light up now except the very last green bulb on both led boards. I am using the resistors you see in the attached pictures, a fully charged LITELONG 880mAh battery. All wired in correctly. I used a Multi-meter on the battery and it's pushing 8.78volts. Any help with this would be great.
How can it run EL on top of this,? If someone can spot what I have maybe done wrong.......?

if someone else has the same batteries can they do a quick test and see what they are producing on a full charge. Both my batteries are pushing the same voltage when fully charged.

Thanks M

To all electronics buffs, as i am not. I have done one of the ankle bubble lights, wired it all up and checked all the connections with a multimeter and all is good. All LEDs checked individually and good, resistor ok. Yet the green row just doesn't want to shine....any thoughts?
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/marcsbay69/Mag Mods/IMG_2033_zpsa7a58f09.jpg
Ignore the 2 extra holes next to the green row, got a wee bit excited with the drill
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii543/marcsbay69/Mag Mods/IMG_2031_zps2a7e0fb6.jpg

My only guess is that you are using the wrong resistors. I use the color code gold, brown, black, black

My only guess is that you are using the wrong resistors. I use the color code gold, brown, black, black

Agreed. Too high a resistance would kill the amps.

Yes i agree, it would explain why the power drops as it goes down the LED bands. I have ordered the right ones...from hong kong!...gonna take ages.
Hate it when that happens, you press buy it now, process your order..THEN you realise its from china or Japan. fail.
Still, hope this resolves my problem. Thanks guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back