Nike Mag 2016 Lottery

Very true.
And since the actual automatic lacing on this new 2016 version is basically exactly the same as that hyperadapt, its not as though you would be getting a movie accurate lacing system, and let's be honest, that is what most people remember.
Marty puts his foot in the shoe, and it fastens ultra fast and the strap fastens too.

This one is basically a slow slow lace up that amounts to a gimmick that's not worth the amount some folks on the internet have banded about, like $15000 and $30,000.
It doesn't have the magic and illusion of the movie, so I doubt many will be too fussed anyway.
89 Pairs for the entire globe? There's more chance of us finding Elvis hiding in Graceland!

Um, dude...

Elvis+Presley+is+Alive+2003.jpg

J/K.

A few thoughts. These are solely my opinion and are not meant to be disrespectful to anyone on the RPF.

Why does everyone feel so entitled to a pair of MAG's? Sneakers are not owed to anyone. If Nike and the MJF Foundation want to offer a limited release, that's their prerogative and complaining about it isn't a solution.

For people claiming that a $1000 sneaker would fly off the shelf, I think that's foolish. We have enough people on this forum who were complaining about a $600 model and I'm sure David has only sold a few thousand, if that, and it cost more than that to make the molds and buy materials.

A $10 raffle ticket levels the playing field that kept so many fans and collectors out of the running during the 2011 auction, but also puts the foundation in a place to make so much more money. If 100k people buy 1 ticket, the foundation makes 1 million dollars. Plus these will be in such higher demand from sneaker heads that they'll easily pass 100k tickets sold.

Do I hope I win? Absolutely.
Do I think I will? No.
Am I happy with my V3's? You bet. I bought what was representative of the actual prop and fills that need in the collector in me.

I agree.BTW...just wait....David will cook up something amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
Every site and post I read has a different number of shoes being raffled of... 84, 85, 89 and 100, lol. Sounds like a lot of misinformation spreading to me.

From Nike's website...

"In total, there are fewer than 100 pairs available globally..."

After signing in to "take part", you get the same statement only without the word "globally". The video does not state how many pairs are being raffled. Nike Facebook does not talk about the new mag raffle at all. Sounds like the only truly reliable official word is no exact number at all. That said, does it really matter? It's under 100 . What more do we really need to know about the total number of pairs being raffled. I say, "nothing".

Every site and post I read has a different number of shoes being raffled of... 84, 85, 89 and 100, lol. Sounds like a lot of misinformation spreading to me.

What significance does 84 hold?
85, sure the year of the first film. 89 makes sense being the year Part II came out and maybe even 90 for Part 3.

ARKM said:
viewpost-right.png

"Every site and post I read has a different number of shoes being raffled of... 84, 85, 89 and 100, lol. Sounds like a lot of misinformation spreading to me."

What significance does 84 hold?
85, sure the year of the first film. 89 makes sense being the year Part II came out and maybe even 90 for Part 3.

I never said anything about significance. Of course I know the significance of 85, 88 and 89 for BTTF and I know that this is why people are coming up with those numbers. Thing is, people should not be stating that those are the number of shoes being raffled off based on their significance to the BTTF franchise. They should be basing it on actual facts given out from official sources instead of unintentionally spreading misinformation. That's all I'm saying.

If we're gonna keep spreading misinformation about this raffle anyways, let's all at least agree on a number. Makes it sound more legit that way. ;)

For people claiming that a $1000 sneaker would fly off the shelf, I think that's foolish. We have enough people on this forum who were complaining about a $600 model and I'm sure David has only sold a few thousand, if that, and it cost more than that to make the molds and buy materials.

David does not have the resources or the exposure like Nike does to sell these shoes.

Nike doesn't have to make these shoes and I can always buy other brands of sportswear too.

From Nike's website...

"In total, there are fewer than 100 pairs available globally..."

84 raffled pairs. 12 pairs that will be auctioned in NY,London and Hong Kong. Making the total at 96 pairs.

I was about to ask someone to enter a raffle for me, but to be honest, there's no way I'd win it x) Probably thousands of people entered already xD

EmmaInCandyland but you've got to be in it to win it! :cool Luckily I've managed to get a few tickets on my British bank card with a friends address who lives just outside of Boston

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back