New X-10 Atomic-Ray Disintegrator

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A few weeks ago I shared the custom raygun I made. I got a lot of nice compliments and a request from one member to purchase his own. Below are the results. The new X-10 Atomic Ray-Disintegrator!

I was able to duplicate the original design for the most part, but a number of the brass pieces on the barrel were found items at junk stores, so I have to modify the design slightly based on what I found. Luckily the buyer loved the idea of his being different from mine, and even requested a model number upgrade.

To further the rationale I decided the new X-10 model is actually the "sport" version with a more powerful emitter that is more focused for easier targeting and a revised coupling at the back of the barrel that intensifies the beam energy.

Seriously, I am going to have a hard time sending the commissioned one off. I love seeing them together.

52039622.jpg

90645138.jpg

21000622.jpg

39094987.jpg

22724014.jpg

39779399.jpg

Last edited:
What could possibly be better than building a fantastic original ray gun prop?

Building a second, of course. I love this one, too!

BUMP!

I've decided I'm ready to reveal all....

The X-10 Atomic-Ray Disintegrator was a private commission done for ME! :)

Pics to come from me eventually. ;)

Right now, I'm thinking about possibilities for a display case to put the display stand inside of. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
The X-10, she has arrived! UPS delivered the package today, it's sitting at home waiting for me! :)

More pics to come at the end of the week, when I'm off again. :cool

Good Gord, the pictures can't do this magnificent blaster justice in regards to the size and heft of the thing! This baby is a real MAN'S BLASTER!!! :)

Now I'm excited to post pics of myself wielding the X-10, so the proper sense of scale can be conveyed! :)

Valor, you are a mad genius! Thanks again! :D

These things are truly works of art! I love the stainless, brass, & wood work. Just amazing! Definitely unique and one of a kind items!:thumbsup

Last edited:
Gorgeous! I love 'em! They look like they'd be at home in a Flash Gordon serial, or a Duck Dogers cartoon. And they look so real and functional. Awesome work.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back